• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Has anyone here actually met/interacted with Lebron?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AtomicDogg97

Situational Stopper
Reaction score
Has anyone here actually met/interacted with Lebron? I have heard alot of stories about him blowing people off, not tipping at restaurants, etc that I was wondering how much of it is true.

I live in Akron, went to St. V. but never crossed paths with him. Have people had good or bad experiences???

Back in the Summer of 2004, he was trying to get into clubs and bars (he was 18 or 19 at the time) but nobody would let him in, Everybody knew who he was and how old he is - He was being a spoiled brat saying shit like "Do you know who I am?!" and bouncers would always reply back with "Yes, that's the problem - EVERYBODY knows who you are and your age"

i have known him going back to 5th grade and sporadically until high school. None of this surprises me.

you know he isnt the worst person in the world not exactly making him out to be satan like everyone else but he is a jerk, thats all there is too it. Some people are just jerks because thats how they are wired and i believe he is one of them.

i have known him going back to 5th grade and sporadically until high school. None of this surprises me.

you know he isnt the worst person in the world not exactly making him out to be satan like everyone else but he is a jerk, thats all there is too it. Some people are just jerks because thats how they are wired and i believe he is one of them.

Tell us more. Pls.

My brother was a chef at the Q and frequently had to make breakfast for the players after their morning practice. He has told me stories about LeBron...

And also how Donyell Marshall and Z were the nicest players on the team.

Nope, but I can't wait for him to interact with 20,562 pissed off Clevelander's at the Q next year.

A friend of mine took his 10 yr old nephew to RAW in Cleveland (either Lebron's first or second season in the NBA). Anyhow Lebron had 3 entire rows to himself and when the 10 yr old tried to get his autograph once of Lebron's posse would physically move him away from the row.

Another one was my cousin was at a charity event that Lebron was at. He (lebron) was blocking the path to my cousin's seat and my cousin said Excuse me. In a snide voice Lebron said I am not doing any autographs now. My cousin (who is a football and baseball fan) replied back I want to get to my seat. It took Lebron 10 minutes to finally move because he was talking to Mav Carter (who was seated btw).

Yes, I interacted him with after the Cavaliers preseason game in Columbus 2 years in a row after snagging press credentials through Ohio State student radio.

2 years ago we were interviewing Lebron in the locker room and he was laughing having a good time and giving a rookie JJ a hard time.

Last year, Lebron acted a lot more business like but he had his kids and Gloria with him and they seemed to be enjoying themselves.

I have not seen the narcissistic ego driven side of Lebron but that doesn't mean I don't believe it exists.

Between my personal interactions (when he was in Las Vegas with Team USA), wifey's interactions (in Las Vegas and Cleveland) and other people I know who have experienced Lebron first hand (in both High School and NBA) I cannot say that one of them has given him a positive review. Lebron's arrogance and ego started back in High School and never looked back.

as a child ill say this, first of all he got attention because he was an unbelievable athlete in everything. Not very bright, not special ed stupid but you know american public school stupid.

lebron is not and has never been a leader. He is a follower. A frontrunner (obviously). Lebron was the type that could never create his own identity. If there was a cool kid to be followed he would follow him. He wouldnt bully or tease or do any of that stuff on his own. It was always following someone. I shouldnt have to explain that, you all know the kind of kid i am talking about.

i truely believe that followed him until present day and has snowballed. Its no surprise, thats how it is for most everyone. But people think he changed? nawww he has been this way since grade school.

If he is by himself if you didnt know better you would think he is a cool normal guy. Thats why he is able to fool so many people. But he cant think for himself. He might make decisions on his own but he is easily influenced.

He had a few encounters with LeBron in his last year or 2 of high school. He would come in with his entourage, they'd be like 12+ deep. They weren't rude, but it was kind of like "I roll with LeBron James!" type mentality.

LeBron himself, I never had a problem with. At one time, I was minding my own business. I never was the groupie type to run to assist him anyways. So I'm minding my own business and then I hear a voice say "How are you doing?", I look up and see LeBron and I turn left and right to make sure that he was indeed talking to me. I can see where his arrogance might have come in, but I think being a female kind of has an advantage. It was either that, or he just couldn't believe that I wasn't "dick riding" everytime he came in the store.

I also knew Randy Mims too. He was cool peeps.

When I met him -- he seemed nice.

But like most cases, I have heard lots of things. My sis always saw him out at clubs in cleveland and said he was with his inner circle being a asshole to everyone. I've heard from people I go to school with that he would never tip after buying like 300 dollars in food (for his circle) at nice resturants.

He would never sign autographs (unless it was a TEAM event where they all had too -- this is how i got my lebron autograph Which I do plan on keeping -- I hate him but im not stupid here people)

I know a couple other people, one who was a freshman on the basketball team during lebrons sr year. I heard stories. How he was just a total asshole to everyone in school, including teachers but everyone always just turned the other cheek because of his status(sound familiar -- egh hmm Dan Glibert)

What it comes down too is no one his whole life has had the balls too stand up to LeBron and put him in his place. Paul Silas was the only person to really ever do it. But that didn't save him for it was too short. Looking back on it. Mike Brown deff was the wrong coach.

i dont know about the whole assholes to everyone in high school. He was worse before that imo, St V coddled him, gave him special privileges and enabled everything he did there. thats more on the school than it is lebron. Putting it in perspective he wasnt any worse than any other high school jock except he was even more enabled, and ive seen much worse from guys that arent good for anything but being on the team or daddy was a alumni.

Disruptive? Yes, was he the worse? no. Class clown type yes, but he didnt totally disrupt a class and drive teachers to nervous breakdowns like some guys

Four different times here in NY and once down in Miami... I know, I know but yeah seriously.

All 5 times were overwhelmingly positive real talk. He signed a birthday card for my sister and on another occasion autographed the bill of my Yankee fitted which I have hanging up in my bedroom. All I can say about this whole shit is.... I'm shocked and saddened. Disappointed would be an understatement so I've basically pushed everything out of my mind & focusing on CAVALIER basketball.

He brought me here in '03 but unlike him I'm here to stay.

When I met him -- he seemed nice.

But like most cases, I have heard lots of things. My sis always saw him out at clubs in cleveland and said he was with his inner circle being a asshole to everyone. I've heard from people I go to school with that he would never tip after buying like 300 dollars in food (for his circle) at nice resturants.

None of these guys tip... A really close friend of mine use to do a lot of their after parties at places like The View a few years back and these guys would never tip the bar tenders... What can you expect athletes live in a different world...

A lot of my friends who bar tend in the LES in NYC claim hockey, baseball and rock stars are the best tippers...

Don't hear too many positive things about football and basketball players...

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."