1. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.

Haslam returns to Pilot J

Discussion in 'Browns Talk' started by MalTalm, Feb 11, 2013.

1. MalTalm

MalTalm Formerly known as Talm

I didn't see this posted anywhere, but Haslam is heading back to Pilot J and turning the running of the franchise over to Banner.

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=17&post_id=12491

1 person likes this.
  2. bob2the2nd

bob2the2nd member 32

fantastic. maybe we can change the name of the team to the sonics and sell them to seattle, and hope the NFL gives cleveland another expansion franchise.

i have a horrible feeling banner is about to run this team into the ground.... even more so

3. MoFlo

MoFlo Administrator Staff Member

It's already been stated that this will not affect how the Browns organization is run & Haslam will still have a prominent role both in the organization and in the city.

3 people like this.
  4. Triplethreat

Triplethreat Preview Team

Whoever is hating on Banner,

I have heard only good things about him in interviews with NFL media/personnel and people who have worked with him before. They all say he's one of the best at what he does and the extraordinary hate he gets from people here is highly undeserved.

5. Dr. Gymbo

Dr. Gymbo Resident Microbiologist

I hope this isn't another Lerner-Holmgrumd owner via absentia dynamic we have going on here.

6. Chardon

Chardon Hall of Farmer

Philly fans said that he is great with money, but never let him have control of personal decisions.

1 person likes this.
  7. Amherstcavsfan

Amherstcavsfan Duh

Just because he has gone back to running his own business doesn't mean that he is going to be an absentee owner.

Has he even moved back to Tennessee?

I heard some sports talk radio today, God help me, and I can already say that the a mountain is certainly being made out of a molehill here.

2 people like this.
  8. MoFlo

MoFlo Administrator Staff Member

People need to chill out. The guy is smart, he's not going to invest $1 Billion in a franchise & become an absentee owner. All indications are he'll still have a house in Cleveland & still be just as involved as he planned to be.

6 people like this.
  9. I.K.W.T

I.K.W.T Season Ticket Holder

I won't be chilling out until there is a sustained winner on the field.

10. Lee

Lee Golden Shower Member

There will be soon, the Ravens and Steelers come to Cleveland every year.

4 people like this.
  11. SauDogg

SauDogg Sixth Man

Considering they've probably hired all of their coaches and FO personnel, what else is there for him to do that needs his full attention? This is no big deal.

1 person likes this.
  12. MDLT

MDLT NBA Starter

We'll have to see how it goes. He might stay heavily involved, he may not. No matter what he or anyone else says, him moving back to Pilot J will mean significant time/energy/thought will be diverted from the Browns.

Doesn't mean he can't handle both or that it will go bad, but it's big news for the organization. And a curious one, given how quickly he went back....

13. bob2the2nd

bob2the2nd member 32

flying J hired away the CEO in waiting at pepsi to take Haslam's place and now Haslam is going back basically forcing the guy out. there is something else going on here that isnt being reported. Could be on teh browns side, could be flying J side, but either way it should not be viewed in a positive light

2 people like this.
  14. Pyro

Pyro Banned

Yeah, I think it's pretty shitty he barges back in and takes the job he left to someone else.

Especially since the guy he left it to is a Pepsi guy. You don't fuck with the PepsiGang.

15. theshad

theshad In the Rotation

Apparently he is bad at running teams cause he has a strange face :dunno:

I would imagine it's Flying J side, I can't see anything from the Browns side that would force him to spend more time with Flying J, likely the guy they hired wasn't as awesome as they expected or had some health problems or something.

Hell it could be as simple as he realized owning a team is pretty damn boring after he hired everyone and wants to get back to work.

16. MDLT

MDLT NBA Starter

Yeah, I'm taking him at his word until I hear something more definitive - sounds like he basically hired an outsider to run the family business and realized he still wanted to be running it.

17. cdt

cdt Oh My God! Staff Member

I heard the Pepsi guy was doing Coke.......

1 person likes this.
  18. Huber.

Huber. Adrninistrator

You think running an NFL team would be more fun than pumping gas.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  19. The Voice

The Voice Best in the World

Robert Kraft is still the CEO and Chairman of the Kraft Group.

He still owns a pretty good team.

1 person likes this.
  20. Soda

Soda Bania'd

You'd think this would go over more understandably.

Jimmy wants to work for the company he helped grow. He wasn't going to step down at first, but thought it'd be a wise decision when trying to focus on the business side of things and the coach/front office. All of the business people are in place, the Browns have a coach and a GM underneath the CEO with a scouting department in place doing their jobs as we speak. Jimmy is still going to be at every game and will step in when big decisions need to be made. For now, the people he's hired are doing their jobs and I'm sure he expressed his desires for the future of the Browns to them. For him, the vacation to football has come to a tentative end. Relax, folks.

1 person likes this.