• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Hearthstone

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

theSTEREO.

The second of his name.
Reaction score
I know a few people on here play it, and i thought I'd make a thread instead of junking up the "What Are You Playing Now?" thread.

Anyone else on here play? I'm about a month and a half in and it's a ton of fun. I never really played many online games, even on Xbox Live. Was always more of a campaign game player. But loving Hearthstone.

Discuss.

I'm finally starting to get a decent enough card collection together that I can actually start putting together some relevant decks. Had some decent success recently with an ultra low budget Oil Rogue and Grim Patron Warrior deck.

Anyone have any advice on the best way to craft Legendaries? They are the biggest pieces I'm missing in like every single deck I have.

I'm finally starting to get a decent enough card collection together that I can actually start putting together some relevant decks. Had some decent success recently with an ultra low budget Oil Rogue and Grim Patron Warrior deck.

Anyone have any advice on the best way to craft Legendaries? They are the biggest pieces I'm missing in like every single deck I have.

Don't spend dust on anything else. Otherwise, enjoy the grind.

If you can do well in arena, 7 wins guarantees you to get at least your gold back as well as the guaranteed pack, so you can go infinite if you can average 7 wins. That's tough though. I believe 5 wins guarantees a profit or a 'discounted' pack.

Arena also helps you practice mechanics, mulliganing, etc. I had my first 12-0 run today but I was unfortunately teaching a friend while playing on his account. Poor guy didn't even realize how monumental what I was doing was.

It's awesome that you're a month and a half in and you're already researching the meta. I didn't become that invested until like 6+ months of playing the game. My mistake. Probably could have been legend with my eyes closed if I hadn't played with ignorance while focusing mainly on WoW. Patron warrior is crazy good and doesn't require many (if any) legendaries to play. Grommash isn't even run in most of the pro lists lately. Harrison Jones is, but he can be replaced even with something as basic as acidic ooze.

I'm assuming, since you're playing patron, that you have unlocked both adventures and gotten those cards. That is the best value buy in hearthstone. Naxxramas especially has tons of cards that are in the meta game.

When I first started building my collection, the basic recommendation was to craft the best all-around, neutral legendaries first. As the game grows, however, those become fewer and farther in between. Now the consensus advice seems to be find a class/deck that's good that you also really enjoy playing, and keep building up your collection around that. If you like patron, you can start building up your collection of cards for patron and control warrior. Control warrior, however, is unfortunately the most expensive deck to play in the game.

I did surprisingly good in arena early on, and I don't know how. Had a couple 5 win decks the first month I played, but haven't done quite so well since then.

I had an unbelieveable Priest deck last night that should've crushed, and just got hosed on draws two straight games.

I like Patron, but mostly because I have the most cards to make it work. Surprisingly, my best deck has been a really low budget Priest deck. I got to Level 15 with it, which is my best mark so far. My main problem is that I try to do the quests everyday, but my other decks aren't as strong so I end up losing stars in ranked in the process.

But man, this game is super fun.

I did surprisingly good in arena early on, and I don't know how. Had a couple 5 win decks the first month I played, but haven't done quite so well since then.

I had an unbelieveable Priest deck last night that should've crushed, and just got hosed on draws two straight games.

I like Patron, but mostly because I have the most cards to make it work. Surprisingly, my best deck has been a really low budget Priest deck. I got to Level 15 with it, which is my best mark so far. My main problem is that I try to do the quests everyday, but my other decks aren't as strong so I end up losing stars in ranked in the process.

But man, this game is super fun.

If you are worried about your rank you can do the daily quests in casual mode instead of ranked. Rank doesn't mean anything unless you are pushing for legend.

If you are worried about your rank you can do the daily quests in casual mode instead of ranked. Rank doesn't mean anything unless you are pushing for legend.
True, although I like seeing how I match up. Feels like I'm aiming toward a goal. I'm not anywhere close to legend, but it's fun to try.

Very excited to see what Blizzard's big announcement is on Wednesday. The common belief is another expansion (which I'm stoked for, because after crafting Maly today, I'm pretty much out of viable legendaries to chase).

Blizzard keeps hinting at 'champions' in all of their posts, leading people to believe that a champion card will be a new type of card, perhaps akin to planes walkers in mtg.

Keep your eyes and ears open on Wednesday. Blizzard has really hyped this announcement up by even including a live event with personalities from the community to host.

Don't spend dust on anything else. Otherwise, enjoy the grind.

Arena also helps you practice mechanics, mulliganing, etc. I had my first 12-0 run today but I was unfortunately teaching a friend while playing on his account. Poor guy didn't even realize how monumental what I was doing was.
Congratulations on going 12-0 Cass! Someone should give you some props for such an achievement, since your friend wasn't aware of the difficulty of your performance I'll step up to the plate. I've only had a handful of 12 win runs in playing for a bit over a year. It's simple enough to draft a good arena deck however the skill comes in figuring out a style of play to navigate each game with. The tiny choices from mulligan, knowing when to trade, weaving in hero powers and reading the opponent's plays really make the difference and can impact winrates monumentally. To go flawless is an additional level of achievement. Great work.:D

If anyone would like to add me I play as Rhydon Battle ID# 1967

Last edited:
Congratulations on going 12-0 Cass! Someone shkuld give you some props for such an achievement, since your friend wasn't aware of the difficulty of your performance I'll step up to the plate. I've only had a handful of 12 win runs in playing for a bit over a year. It's simple enough to draft a good arena deck however the skill comes in figuring out a style of play to navigate each game with. The tiny choices from mulligan, knowing when to trade, weaving in hero powers and reading the opponent's plays really make the difference and can impact winrates monumentally. To go flawless is an additional level of achievement. Great work.:D

If anyone would like to add me I play as Rhydon Battle ID# 1967

I added you! Cassity14#1187 here

Edit: Changed my tag.

Mine is Stereo#1115. I'll add you beanie.

Last edited:
So what does everyone think of the Grand Tournament expansion? Sounds like some people were expecting an actual Tournament mechanism, but the card expansion itself seems pretty cool.

They are really hyping up these champions riding mounts. Do you think they will have actual "mount" cards? Or will it just be a way to justify a really powerful minion?

Already looking like some crazy combos with Inspire.

Loving that the expansion is geared towards slowing down the meta game with the new inspire mechanic. Most classes have a hero power that is used to gain value by removing a creature without using another card to do so.

Sorry guys, I had been moving last week, but I still made sure to keep up with the announcement. I really like where it appears they're pushing the game, provided that they can appropriately write 'face' decks out with new cards.

Because the game is so 'simple', and you can't interact with your opponent, decks that allow your opponent to just play shit and hit you without you getting a chance to respond aren't very interesting or fun.

I'm not whining, I farmed plenty of wins with face hunter myself, but it just felt dirty lol

Yeah, I'm actually kind of excited to get in on the ground floor of a new meta. Since I'm so late to the game I'm just playing catch up right now.

Finally had some time to play ladder, and I punched up to 15 playing Patron Warrior, then went on like a random 7 game losing streak which made me wanna burn my computer. Then I punched up to Level 12 late last night with my own version of mech mage. Gonna see if I can get to single digits before the season ends, but I've been caught up playing Arena mostly.

Also, Blizzard's sucking me in with their launcher... I started playing Heroes of the Storm a little bit, and it's actually pretty fun. Never played a MOBA before, so it def takes some getting used to. But I was surprised how quickly you can pick up the basics. Just like Hearthstone.

Changed my battle tag to match my name here.

New ID is Stereo#1115

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."