• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Plain Dealer's New Cavs Beat Reporter: Chris Haynes

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

wuck

Hustling on the inside
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Tom Reed at the Plain Dealer is leaving his Cavs beat and is moving over to cover the Browns with Mary Kay Cabot.

Is it too much to ask for the PD to hire a Cavs reporter who is in love with basketball???

They have been feeding Brendan Bowers (Stepien Rules blog) various columns over the past couple months. RCF posters, send in your resumes.

I thought it was curious a few days ago when I saw that his name was taken off the @PDcavsinsider handle. It's a shame. He wrote some decent stuff this season. I simply can't take coverage from only MSB.

They probably have somebody in mind already, but wouldn't hurt to reach out to them.

My God, Tom Reed is rising.

Dude went from Blue Jackets beat to Browns beat in a year.

IDK, anything but having that...nice, uninformative Boyer running the beat.

Myoung should get off his ass and do it

he's already better than Finnan

Does this mean less Mary Kay Cabot from the Browns?!

Damn, I hate having to work a real job that pays well.

In another life I think I'd be a great beat reporter.

I have my MA in English, I and used to teach writing.

If anyone is interested in submitting a writing sample and applying for the job, I'd happily offer to revise the sample and give some advice on journalistic style.

I'd love it if an RCFer got the job!

Personally, I think it's quite appropriate that a primary beat writer for the Browns shares her name with a women's cosmetics company. After all, the job of both Mary Kays is to make something ugly look half-way presentable.

Damn, I'd love to have this job.

Someone please get this. Mary Schmidt Corpse is the WORST writer in the history of sports. She seriously called Jamison a sparkling to the Cavaliers playoff hopes. Please god, anyone on here overtake Mary Schmidt Boring. She asks some restarted questions as well at pressers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hate to say this but the rumor is MSB will be the primary beat reporter and Jodie Valade will be #2.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."