• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Hornets want to trade players

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GwenJen

Rookie
Reaction score
If the Cavs can make the trade match financially, what about trading Dion and the trade exception for Lance? He shot 49% from the field last year, but more importantly he rebounds and defends. And he's not afraid to pass the ball. He is also young and under control at a fairly friendly cap number for the next 3 years. The Hornets have also stated that they will trade anybody save Walker and Jefferson so he could be had. Would he fit with the Cavs, or am I crazy?

You're crazy. Lebron is not a Stephenson fan. The last thing we need is another guard that needs the ball in his hands...not to mention his daily dose of crazy pills.

I view Lance as a Rodman type of player who you hate as an opponent but love as a teammate in the right situation. Obviously LeBron would have to sign off on the deal. As far as needing the ball, he is a willing passer as he averaged around 5 apg per game last year. He is crazy, but he might be the right kind of crazy. That being said, I do like how the Cavs are playing right now, and I hope that they work it out with Dion. I just don't see it happening.

You can't combine the trade exception with other salaries.

And as others have mentioned, LeBron probably hates Stephenson. Then again, he probably hated Marion four years ago too and now they're teammates, so who the hell knows.

You can't combine the trade exception with other salaries.

And as others have mentioned, LeBron probably hates Stephenson. Then again, he probably hated Marion four years ago too and now they're teammates, so who the hell knows.
He would hate Lance in a completely different way. Lance is a douche.

It would cost us Haywood's contract in all likelihood.

Stephenson would be worth that contract. Now about that big...

I really wish we had some way to prevent brand new users from starting threads. Stephenson is as ball-dominant as they come; it's no surprise Charlotte is struggling to fit him in on a team with Kemba Walker and Al Jefferson. He's also a head case with a suspect jumper. I don't get what he brings to this team that makes him worth his contract. Reminds me of when people were convinced Tyreke Evans would break out after leaving Sacramento. No thanks.

I really wish we had some way to prevent brand new users from starting threads. Stephenson is as ball-dominant as they come; it's no surprise Charlotte is struggling to fit him in on a team with Kemba Walker and Al Jefferson. He's also a head case with a suspect jumper. I don't get what he brings to this team that makes him worth his contract. Reminds me of when people were convinced Tyreke Evans would break out after leaving Sacramento. No thanks.

Stephenson got his bag of money now he is moving on in life. Kind of reminds me of when the clowns paid Peyton Hillis and he has been redundant since

Lance is over-rated, clearly.

It would cost us Haywood's contract in all likelihood.

Considering that Charlotte basically just gave us Haywood in the first place, I don't think they value that contract as much as we do.

Considering that Charlotte basically just gave us Haywood in the first place, I don't think they value that contract as much as we do.

I'd go as far as to say Charlotte paid the Cavs to take Haywood, but that was because they wanted all of the cap space they could get. I think you are right over all. The Cavs seemed to value the Haywood contract more, since Grant dumped young players to keep Haywood's contract when we needed cap space. Or maybe the Cavs just didn't like their young guys as much. Whatever the case, I think the Cavs want something significant before they give up that contract.

Charlotte has too many centers and not outside shooting and they are desperate to make a trade. Seems like a possible trading partner.

Charlotte has too many centers and not outside shooting and they are desperate to make a trade. Seems like a possible trading partner.

Definitely true. I'm just not sure what we can offer them, really, given their needs. We're not trading Miller or Jones, as they are here primarily because they are friends with LeBron. Marion doesn't really fill a need for Charlotte, as his outside shooting isn't really good enough to be a major upgrade for them. I guess Harris is an option, but until he proves he can play basketball again he probably doesn't have a lot of value.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."