• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

How about trading for Hibbert?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

shukle

Situational Stopper
Reaction score
There has been rumor that Indiana was quietly shopping Hibbert after his complete no show during the playoffs.

He is definitely overpaid, but we ve all seen what he could do when his head is right... And he could be had for cheap. Cant find his salary right now, but I think he is 14mil per year with 2 more to come.

He would strap us for free agency mext year and matchimg salaries seems like a difficult task, but for us, he would just need to be a big body that could rebound and block, dont even need to score... I think hed work out well and he is prolly the best option available.

What do you guys think we could offer for him?

A clogging, plodding, slow paced, overpaid, mentally handicapped, overrated center....

How bout we let Indiana hold onto that....

Even if he can be had "for cheap" he's still being paid 30 million over the next 2 years.

Do Not Want!!!

He is the exact opposite of what type of players Griffin is looking for.

Andrew Bynum always sat next to him on the bench which leads me to believe that he liked Andrew Bynum. It took a fishing trip with Paul George to get him to play one good game in the Playoffs. He seems unmotivated and easily broken mentally. No thanks.

Well, you guys are pretty harsh :) I think he has the best potential of any candidate, which is basicly none appealing. He is expensive, but its only one year, then he becomes a huge expiring. I think its not that bad an idea

He had potential two years ago. But if he can regress exponentially after a 'breakout' season, he's not the type of player I would want on my team. He's clearly physically gifted with size, and even nimble feet. But mentally, he doesn't seem to want to be fixed.

I used to really like Hibbert. I used to wish we had drafted him. I was pulling for us to draft him. Now watching him makes me want to invest in midol.

Well, you guys are pretty harsh :) I think he has the best potential of any candidate, which is basicly none appealing. He is expensive, but its only one year, then he becomes a huge expiring. I think its not that bad an idea

What 10+ million of salary are you willing to give up for him to make salaries match? Basically we'd have to part with two of Bennett/TT/Dion/Wiggins/stretch buyout AV...

Doesn't seem worth it to me.

You say he is cheap... But there are salary cap rules and the Cavs would still have to part with ~10 million of salary. So, he isn't cheap at all.

Last edited:
I'm fine with letting Hibbert handicap the Pacers for a couple more seasons.

How about not.

A clogging, plodding, slow paced, overpaid, mentally handicapped, overrated center....

I just read that post in Broussard's voice...

I'm surprised NO ONE is interested in him given we have a hole at center and he is a legit 7 footer known for defense. In my opinion, he could be a great "buy low" kind of guy, but I suppose I thought that with Bynum as well (HA!), plus the aforementioned cap problem. He's a backup plan if anything though. Clearly he is not as interesting as Love. We'd need a legitimate stretch four as well to make the lineup work I think.

I don't think it's in the cards money-wise but I wouldn't say no to the guy, I think he slumped at the wrong time and now everybody thinks he's a scrub.

Your picture has the exact same face I made when I read the first post

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."