• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

How many games will the Cavs win to start the season?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How many consecutive games will the Cavs win to start the season

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • 1-2

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • 3-5

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • 6-8

• 9-12

• 13-15

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 16-19

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • 20 or more

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters

FlatulenciaRoar

Dazed and Confused
Reaction score
Will they start fast or take a while to gel? In my fantasies I can see the reeling off a long streak to start the season, but then reality of the huge changes to the roster, the new coach, etc. sets in.

They should beat the Knicks before being tested by the Bulls and Blazers. Then the schedule is relatively easy until the hit the Spurs on Nov. 19 followed by the Wizards and Raptors back to back.

Assuming all the stars align a very optimistic viewpoint would see a 9-0 start.

What do you think?

Sorry but I do not really understand the poll options. Do you mean a 6-8 to 0, 9-12 to 0 etc. start?

Anyways, I think this team doesn't need much time to gel. In the end, I think the Cavs will have 55 wins at worst and 65 wins at best. So probably something in between...
But the only thing that matters is the first seed in the East. If we get it with 62, 63 or 64 wins is only of secondary importance.

EDIT: Now I get the poll, I guess ;)

Shouldn't this be in the projecting the cavaliers post?

I understand the whole needing to get comfortable with each other and gelling but I have a hard time predicting us to lose any game. All we need to do is keep it close then turn the jets on full blast the last 6 minutes. We probably have the most overall talented team in the NBA since the 96 bulls

I'll close this thread or fold it into the other one after the poll gets filled out with enough responses.

I understand the whole needing to get comfortable with each other and gelling but I have a hard time predicting us to lose any game. All we need to do is keep it close then turn the jets on full blast the last 6 minutes. We probably have the most overall talented team in the NBA since the 96 bulls

Don't discount the need to learn to play together. I think the Cavs steamroll the East once they hit their stride, but I am fully expecting a few bumps early in the season. They'll win the opener, but I could see them losing to both Chicago and Portland on the road afterwards. Chicago has a bit more chemistry established and I have Portland as a dark-horse to win the West and could battle the Clippers for the 3 spot out west. Lillard is only getting better, Aldridge is a monster and they have a very nice roster, 1-15. The Cavs could very well drop 2-3 games on their four game trip after the home opener. They could also win them all, however, I think it's going to take a month or so for the team to start meshing and blowing the opposition away.

I think we'll win the opener easy but I just don't think we'll be able to handle Chicago at home this early in the season. that arena is going to fired UP, man. after that initial loss i do see us rattling rattling off a respectable record, but we still have a tough game afterwards against Portland, so that cut cause a stumble as well. the optimist inside me says we lose to the bulls, squeek out a win against portland and keep the streak up until the game against the Spurs on november, 19th, which would make our opening record 8-2, but that Portland game could be tough as well.

Can see us losing to bulls due to chemistry issues and it being on the road

I don't think chemistry will be an issue. They're all excellent pick and roll/pop players. If they're struggling or things break down they can break into that or isolation.

i think it finally hit me that LeBron is on our team now.

We win all 82, fuck wit me.

I'm. Sure they will want to start great. But as long as we beat bulls.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."