• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

I just grilled the best MOTHER^&**& steak ever....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PIP

1997-98 Armco Heating & Cooling Hornet
RCF Honored Elder
Reaction score
Not sure if we have any other grill masters on here ? But, I was cleaning out my freezer this afternoon and I came across two perfectly wrapped sirloins that my wife got at the butcher about 5 days ago that I didn't even remember...

Went to the rooftop deck with a couple beverages and did serious damage on these while she and the kids are out doing whatever.....

She'll be sooooo pissed....

Summertime :thumbup:

I'm a flap steak man myself.

Let's get down to the real issue here: Marinate or rub?

If you didn't marinate it with bacon grease, you didn't cook the best steak ever.

I mauled about 2/3rds pounds of 93% lean ground beef hamburgers (2 patties). Mixed the beef with 4 types of seasonings and a touch of brown sugar, then wiped on some teriyaki sauce mid-grill. Finished off with a slice of American cheese...washed down with an ice cold Corona.

Happy Days are here boys.

I mauled about 2/3rds pounds of 93% lean ground beef hamburgers (2 patties). Mixed the beef with 4 types of seasonings and a touch of brown sugar, then wiped on some teriyaki sauce mid-grill. Finished off with a slice of American cheese...washed down with an ice cold Corona.

Happy Days are here boys.

Save one for Tuesday, asshole.

Fuck that. We'll tear up some deliciousness downtown. The "scenery" will be much better than my backyard...

You lookin for a ban?

Fans of marinating streak: let me introduce you to my new best friend:

21D0EBRFFTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Bufalo Chipotle is dirt cheap at ethnic stores, I spent under two bucks for a bottle on a whim. I've been mixing it in with worchestershire sauce, olive oil and chopped garlic on steaks this summer.

It's all about the Ribeye gentlemen.. Best steak in the world, especially for grilling. A beautifully marbled Ribeye steak, maybe even prime if you've got the ends, just fucking melts when you eat it. Doesn't need any special dressing, but has the body and texture to fuck with whatever you decide to put on it... Marinade, dry rub, don't matter...

Best cut of steak in the world.

I was supposed to eat leftover putannesca for dinner, then this thread popped up. Just got back from the butcher's.

Happy Father's Day, RCF! Eat some mostly rare red meat!

If it wasn't a ribeye, it wasn't the best steak ever.

1. Pre-heat 500 degree F oven.

2. Put cast iron pan in 500 degree F oven for 10 minutes.

3. Put cast iron pan on stove top burner on high for 5-10 minutes.

4. Put ribeye steak (or any boneless piece of cow meat) that has been generously coated in canola oil, kosher salt, and pepper on both sides in cast iron skillet for 30 seconds on each side. This is called the sear. Your house/apartment should smoke up and your smoke alarms should go off if you do it right (so you should disable your smoke alarms).

5. After the 30 second sear on both sides, take the cast iron pan with the steak in it and put it in the 500 degree F oven for 2 minutes on each side (flip steak after 2 minutes on first side).

6. After 4 total minutes is up, take pan out of oven and put steak on a bowl that is upside down on a dinner plate. Put a piece of tin-foil over the steak to keep it warm. Let it sit for 3 minutes (you do this so that the juices do not dissolve the "crust" that you create from the oil/salt).

7. Consume.

8. Best steak you will ever eat if you do it right....steak should be medium rare (you should be using a steak that's roughly an inch thick...if it's thinner....it'll be more medium/well done.

26908_10100139371400515_12404112_54851435_3273883_n.jpg

26908_10100139372413485_12404112_54851439_1809029_n.jpg

Last edited:
1. Pre-heat 500 degree F oven.

2. Put cast iron pan in 500 degree F oven for 10 minutes.

3. Put cast iron pan on stone top burner on high for 5-10 minutes.

4. Put ribeye steak that has been generously coated in canola oil, kosher salt, and pepper on both sides in cast iron skillet for 30 seconds on each side. This is called the sear. Your house/apartment should smoke up and your smoke alarms should go off if you do it right (so you should disable your smoke alarms).

5. After the 30 second sear on both sides, take the cast iron pan with the steak in it and put it in the 500 degree F oven for 2 minutes on each side (flip steak after 2 minutes on first side).

6. After 4 total minutes is up, take pan out of oven and put steak on a bowl that is upside down on a dinner plate. Put a piece of tin-foil over the steak to keep it warm. Let it sit for 3 minutes (you do this so that the juices do not dissolve the "crust" that you create from the oil/salt).

7. Consume.

8. Best steak you will ever have if you do it right....steak should be medium rare (you should be using a steak that's about an inch thick...if it's thinner....it'll be more medium/well done.

This man knows what he's talking about.

Don't ignore the flap steak gentlemen. It's one of the cheapest cuts of steak per pound because it is a little stringy, but if you cut it thin against the grain it has outstanding flavor... almost filet mignon. If you buy a carne asada taco, chances are you are grubbing down a flap steak cut.

And yes, if you aren't grilling, sear that steak like Bigmar taught you. I don't have a back yard, so grilling for me is a big production. I have to go cart the grill two blocks to the park... but obviously it's still worth it on a weekend.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."