• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

I lost my best friend

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Numbers Guy

Reaction score
Killed this morning. I'm just so lost. Someone say anything

This happened to me about 8 years ago. The best thing i can advice is do your best to be their for his parents, especially his mom. As much as you are hurting, she is hurting 10 times worse. the family will lean on the friends.

As for you, time will help. Nothing will ever replace your friend, i still think about my best friend all the time 8 years later. You just move on and keep his memories alive.

Damn Numbersguy, that's terrible. Very sorry to hear that.

The grieving process takes a while, a long while before you can start picking up the pieces and processing this mentally in a different light.

I'm sure you have known each other for some time, shared all of your dreams and fears together. You must remember what their wildest dreams were, and it's your responsibility to help bring that to fruition for them because life was taken from them. I don't know why, but for some reason I feel that if you were to accomplish that for them, you'd be reunited together again someday, somehow, somewhere.

I'll be thinking about you, I can't even put myself in your shoes, but I'm trying to and it must be a very dark place. So sorry to hear about your loss.

-Frank

Awful. I'm sorry to hear that. I've been to such dark places, and it does get better, trust me.

I'm sorry Numbers guy. I've been there a couple times in high school and shortly afterwards. It's never easy. All you can do is try to dust yourself off, and do the best you can in honoring his memory.

Best part of the internet. People feel to weird to say this stuff in real life.

We try not to think about these things and it Is always someone else until it happens to you. Remember them and mourn them, but your friend wants you to be happy. It's ok for it to get to you, but don't let it ruin you.

Jeez.... Completely missed this thread. That's awful and I feel for you.. I always reflect on what if this happened to me.. Can't even imagine; I'm terrible at separation as it is.

Hope the family (and you) can get some closure. Damn... Sorry again.. Just terrible..

This doesn't really hold much value to you, but I completely sympathize and have went through it. I had 2 best best friends growing up. One of them moved to Florida when we were 14. Then, 2 and a half years later, the other died in a car accident (which completely wasn't even his fault, which makes it that much worse). I'm 21 now and it still hurts me almost every day. The 3 of us were so close. 99% of all my great childhood memories involved those 2. The one who died, was killed the night after we both attended lebron's last home game as a cav his first stint here game 5 against the celtics. That was the last time I ever saw him. Lebron leaving 2 months later especially hit hard with me.. And so did him coming back. My mindset is always to pick up the pieces and move on but it's hard to let go in my mind. I still get emotional. It's especially hard that the other link of our brothership lives 2,000 miles away... Meh, I digress. I know what it feels like tho dude. I'd bet you're a lot emotionally stronger than I am though so you'll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very sorry for your loss.

This is my biggest fear. I've had the same group of close-nit friends since Jr. High, and believe me, the pain would be the same losing one of them as it would be to lose a brother or sister.

I hope you get the support you need, and I hope you're able to provide some comfort for his family.

So, so sorry for your loss man.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."