• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

I made a Michael Jackson album from old, rare, unreleased vocals

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Simmy

The Land (Down Under) of The Heartless
Staff member
Real Cleveland Fans
Administrator
Reaction score
Just wanted to share my latest project with you all. This one is called "Make-Believe" - a Michael Jackson remix/remake-reimagining album. Synopsis below:

James Sismanes & Michael Jackson’s Make-Believe is a re-imagining of 8 rare and exclusive demos and cuts from the Michael Jackson vault. Beginning in early 2017, the project first involved the acquisition of 8 acapellas, sourced from relatively unheard recordings spanning across three decades (1970s-1990s).

Utilising both real and virtual instrumentation, each of these songs have been re-imagined and re-produced to meet modern industry standards in the vein and mode of a 21st century Michael Jackson record.

53828730_2089049094543338_2429038743030595584_o.jpg

54405568_2089049191209995_1938082994224889856_o.jpg

Tracklist:

01 Cinderella Stay Awhile
02 Carousel
03 Hot Street
o4 For All Time
05 Scared of the Moon
06 I Am A Loser
07 Buttercup (ft. The Notorious B.I.G.)
08 More to Life

You can listen/download the album from DatPiff: http://www.datpiff.com/Michael-Jackson-Make-believe-mixtape.930661.html

[parsehtml]<iframe src="https://embeds.datpiff.com/mixtape/930661/" width="300" height="470" frameborder="0"></iframe>[/parsehtml]

or from YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxkePZxdQ03fbVSIzTpVcDw/videos

If there are any MJ fans here, I'd really love your support and feedback on this one. This has been in the works for over 12 months - I've tried to be meticulous, artistic, musically accurate and everything in between to re-create the perfect modern-day MJ record.

Thanks in advance for any listens/compliments/criticisms etc!

Listened to one traxk ill go through the rest tomorrow

I'm about as big a fan of MJ as you'll find. I'll take a listen over the weekend and give feedback.

Just warning you I'm pretty harsh when it comes to his unreleased work. It was unreleased for a reason. If MJ didnt finish something, he didnt love it. So he didnt put his full creative genius behind it.

Man This must have been a fun project.

8 is really smooth, 4 feels like it's fighting MJs part a bit.

Gonna finish it all, and I'd listen to a remix album where you make it all yours and take more liberties with his parts

I'm about as big a fan of MJ as you'll find. I'll take a listen over the weekend and give feedback.

Just warning you I'm pretty harsh when it comes to his unreleased work. It was unreleased for a reason. If MJ didnt finish something, he didnt love it. So he didnt put his full creative genius behind it.

Thanks, bud - I'd be more than grateful for any praise and/or criticism you can provide. You can't grow as an artist without first ascertaining and then building upon your limitations.

I, too, am a huge MJ fan - both personally and professionally - and completely agree that anything he didn't love, he didn't finish for a reason. That's why I've been so critical of most of the "official" posthumous releases over the years. But having produced for many years now, this was something I'd always wanted to do creatively - and given that it's purely a "fan/promotional release" and not meant to be considered "canon" as part of any official discography, I thought I'd take the risk, try to channel his energies as best as possible and see what I could come up with. Let me know what you think!

Man This must have been a fun project.

8 is really smooth, 4 feels like it's fighting MJs part a bit.

Gonna finish it all, and I'd listen to a remix album where you make it all yours and take more liberties with his parts

Thanks, Dave - it was a lot of fun. I basically started out only with "Cinderella Stay Awhile," "Hot Street," and "For All Time" and was going to limit it there. But I was having such a ball creatively with it that I figured I'd go with an 8-track release. But yeah, "More To Life" and "Scared Of The Moon" were the two I tried to keep as thematically MJ as possible.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."