• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

I'm pretty close to ending my support for this franchise...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.

I-77 NORTH

Gold Star Member
Reaction score
I don't think I can take this consistent spinning carousel of an sports franchise anymore.

I'm 27 years old, and have been a die-hard fan since the team returned in 1999. Maybe I was expecting more out of this Jimmy Haslam owned franchise. But to sit back and watch teams aggressively improve their teams with key signings in the free agency period, I can't help but feel hopeless for this franchise. In top 5 of cap salary available, and not one significant move to improve this franchise at all? We just watched one of the most significant defensive free agents walk to a team for $60 million guaranteed, when the Browns had every opportunity in the world to approach that player and offer the same....but didn't. Why? Why the fuck not? I'm done man. I'm sick of this shit, I'm here to officially denounce my support for this fucking shithole of a franchise; that has carelessly made decisions to only boost revenue - but have been stagnant when it comes to improving this team when the opportunity presented itself.

Brandon Marshall, a top-5 WR in the market right now just went to the Jets for a 5th rounder. A 5th fucking rounder. Meanwhile, were drafting fucking bum ass, nowhere heading Justin Gilbert with our 7th overall pick.

I'm done man. You guys can have fun with this never ending hell of a football team.

Good fucking riddance.

Do you have a link to where the Browns didn't inquire about Suh or Marshall?

Do you have a link to where the Browns didn't inquire about Suh or Marshall?

You mean sat there and contemplated for about 1.3 seconds before realizing being shitty is the Browns way of doing things?

Parents out there that are shelling out a couple grand for season tickets shame on you, instead take your kids to Disney World or better yet put it towards their college fund. If you don't have kids, pay off your mortgage or give to charity. Their front office has made nonsensical move after nonsensical move for going on decades now. If the Brandon Marshall move is what gets you to stop altogether supporting this team you shouldve stopped supporting them years ago.

Now you are free to choose some other team to follow and become an honorary member of that stupid, backwards family from Minnesota featured in the NFL store commercials.

As long as I have my Buckeyes to even things out, I will never give up on my Browns.

I don't think I can take this consistent spinning carousel of an sports franchise anymore.

I'm 27 years old, and have been a die-hard fan since the team returned in 1999. Maybe I was expecting more out of this Jimmy Haslam owned franchise. But to sit back and watch teams aggressively improve their teams with key signings in the free agency period, I can't help but feel hopeless for this franchise. In top 5 of cap salary available, and not one significant move to improve this franchise at all? We just watched one of the most significant defensive free agents walk to a team for $60 million guaranteed, when the Browns had every opportunity in the world to approach that player and offer the same....but didn't. Why? Why the fuck not? I'm done man. I'm sick of this shit, I'm here to officially denounce my support for this fucking shithole of a franchise; that has carelessly made decisions to only boost revenue - but have been stagnant when it comes to improving this team when the opportunity presented itself.

Brandon Marshall, a top-5 WR in the market right now just went to the Jets for a 5th rounder. A 5th fucking rounder. Meanwhile, were drafting fucking bum ass, nowhere heading Justin Gilbert with our 7th overall pick.

I'm done man. You guys can have fun with this never ending hell of a football team.

Good fucking riddance.
Let's be honest here: Big FA signings very rarely help franchises move forward, but they can have an adverse effect. Tying money up in FA means having less in the pit to keep drafted players on the roster.

There are many things to attack this FO over: turnover, lack of transparency, lack of a fundamental vision, inconsistency, performance, etc. Etc. Etc.

Yet the one thing Farmer absolutely has right is you build a team through the draft, and you sign placeholders in FA. Now, if only I had more faith in Farmer getting those picks right. Still, you can't judge a GM on one draft, even if he epically missed on what might have been the best draft class in a decade.

There's nothing wrong with being cap conscious. Franchises who overpay in free agency aren't necessarily the best teams in wins and losses. If the Browns feel the best value in free agency is the second or third tier talent, that can be a recipe for success. It does mean that your team better nail the draft. The Browns have rarely done that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."