• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Indians Need a Power Hitter for 2016

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JFT

NBA Starter
Reaction score
I think most of us following the Indians this year would agree that we need at least one solid power hitter for this coming year. Will the owners support it and find one?

They need to upgrade in CF/3B, and hope Yan Gomes doesn't actually suck and last year was just an aberration.

Whether those upgrades are a "power bat" doesn't matter. They just need better hitters.

Nationals decide to blow it up.

Trade us Bryce Harper.

It's not realistic nor is it wise for the Indians to pursue Chris Davis.

@elcheato basically nailed it with our hitting needs

Thanks, Perd.

And the Indians have been acquiring power hitters nearly every off season since Hafner left/fell off the planet...just none of them have paid off...they need to find some who doesn't regress the second they land in Cleveland.

Reactions: AZ_
I think most of us following the Indians this year would agree that we need at least one solid power hitter for this coming year. Will the owners support it and find one?

No

Adam Lind, please and thank you. A very reasonable target for the Tribe this winter.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Trade or bust, there just aren't a ton of power hitters out there.

I'd be happy with someone who can fit nicely into the lineup and is just a good hitter, regardless of power potential.

Preferably the higher they reach, the better. Brandon Belt, AJ Pollack, Goldy, Schwarber

Reactions: Nom
Do the Tribe have any power hitting prospects that will be ready in the next 2 years? I know nobody for next year...I've felt like power is something needed in this organization for a long time, but honestly beggars can't be choosers, and I'd take any hitters that can hit the ball, period.

Trade or bust, there just aren't a ton of power hitters out there.

I'd be happy with someone who can fit nicely into the lineup and is just a good hitter, regardless of power potential.

Preferably the higher they reach, the better. Brandon Belt, AJ Pollack, Goldy, Schwarber

Man...I would trade every pitcher not named Kluber for a shot at Goldy...talk about a dream fit in the lineup.

Reactions: JFT
After seeing the Cubs 3rd and 4th starters in the playoffs...Carrasco for Schwarber

After seeing the Cubs 3rd and 4th starters in the playoffs...Carrasco for Schwarber
I'd honestly want Schwarber plus somebody for Carrasco. Schwarber is a great prospect, but he fell off in the 2nd half after a hot start, and he doesn't have a position at the moment.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."