• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Indians sign Jhoulys Chacin; DFA Marcum; Recall Hayes

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I really use to think Chacin can be effective being a fantasy baseball geek and all. One of my streams when he was away from HR Derby.

I can't believe Chacin is only 27...feels like he has been in the league for a lot longer. Drop in velocity is a concern with him, but he still has a very good slider. He was 4 fWAR, 6 bWAR player in 2013, maybe this is the reclamation project that finally pays off.

I know he tore/frayed his labrum last year and his performance took a big hit. Was pretty bad this spring which is why he was released. A good reclamation project, put him in Columbus, watch him and get to work and see what can be salvaged. Getting out of Coors + our medical staff may be able to help.

If anyone can help him bounce back, it's callaway.

I know nothing of baseball but looks like the Tribe signed Perci Garner today too. I only mention such a minor minor league signing solely because he's from Dover.

I know nothing of baseball but looks like the Tribe signed Perci Garner today too. I only mention such a minor minor league signing solely because he's from Dover.

I follow more minor league baseball than a normal person should just to see how the guys I played with or against from little league to travel ball to high school ball to college ball are doing. So no one is judging why you're mentioning him.

He was a 2nd round pick in 2010, so the talent is there...wonder what has happened to him so far.

I follow more minor league baseball than a normal person should just to see how the guys I played with or against from little league to travel ball to high school ball to college ball are doing. So no one is judging why you're mentioning him.

He was a 2nd round pick in 2010, so the talent is there...wonder what has happened to him so far.

I don't follow baseball at all. I only mentioned it because he's a local boy so have to give him whatever credit I can.

Garner can't locate.

Simple as that, really. If he ever cuts down on the walks, he's got a good arm and he's a big body dude with plenty of upside.

Just doesn't know where he's throwing it.

Him and Casey Weathers can room together I guess. Looks like the Phillies finally started to transition him to the bullpen last year but the control was still bad. Who knows, though, minor league relievers are fairly expendable so might as well give him a shot.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."