• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

It's grilling season.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kouki

Kouki, Not Cookie.
Reaction score
So what the hell are you all grilling?

Did steaks, burgers, and asparagus on Sunday, though I kinda got rained out -

483315_2870374284903_1426230144_32209830_791999017_n.jpg

I did some cheap cut of meat, chuck shoulder steaks or something, I don't know, I'm a poor college student. But for 4.50 a pound, they weren't much worse than 11 dollar a pound strip steaks. Seasoned with Kouki's Secret Seasoning Blend (TM).

Tonight it's shish kabobs with chicken, pineapple, mushrooms, bell peppers, and red onions, brushed with olive oil and seasoned with some citrus blend stuff that I have.

Re: It's fucking grilling season.

I have my eye on a sexy weber to replace my old junky grill…..not a poor college student anymore!!

In my 7 years of college, grilling on a 15 dollar grill….I don't think I ever made asparagus…nice job.

Asparagus is amazing. Grilled and then wrapped with crispy bacon and i'm in heaven.

It's awesome. Didn't even both with seasoning or anything and it still came out great, but salt/pepper/olive oil/lemon juice would have been nice.

Absolutely grab a Weber, that's what I've got. Kinda pricey for what they are but they are certainly nice and rugged. I got mine secondhand for 40 bucks, but I wish I got a bigger one (I think mine is 18"?).

Once I graduate here in a few months I want to build my own grill out of a 55 gallon drum, maybe weld on a smoker attachment to the side.

Asparagus is horrible.

My days in a small downtown apartment are over. My move to a nicer place over Thanksgiving features a landscaped and professionally-maintained BACKYARD. I'm finally in on these grilling threads.

Pork brine:

boil about two cups of water in a stove top pot. Chop up a few cloves of garlic, a bunch of rosemary, sage and parsley, pour it in with 1/4 cup of salt and 1/4 cup of sugar. Let it cool to room temperature, then pour it in a freezer bag with your pork shoulder. Be sure to wait for it to cool, or you will boil your meat. Now put it in the fridge overnight.

The next day, pat your pork dry and cover it with dry rub and put it on the coals.

Now when your grill that big 2 pounder, it will stay moist and flavorful on the inside.

I was ready to move on a brined pork shoulder last weekend in the mountains, but the rain didn't agree with my plan. I'll be popping my grill's cherry this weekend I guess.

Asparagus is horrible.

You're horrible. Grill up some asparagus in olive oil with some sea salt. Fucking awesome. The best part comes later. After I eat a bunch of it by myself, I wait a while and then take a glorious asparagus piss.

Last edited:

You're horrible. Grill up some asparagus in olive oil with some sea salt. Fucking awesome. The best part comes later. After I eat a bunch of it by myself, I wait a while and then take a glorious aspargus piss.

Asparagus-tainted shits the next morning are also underrated.

Had my first grilled steak of the season a couple days ago at my sister in law's house. It took every bit of my being not to circle the grill like a hawk to make sure it was cooked correctly.

Luckily, my bro in law is competent and it was awesomely juicy.

I had no shame afterward gnawing on mine and my wife's leftover t-bone for the extra tender meat. (That sounded pretty ghey)

I had some people over the other day. We all went to the butcher shop, picked out cut of choice and I grilled them up. My own friend was going crazy over how good they were because, apparently, his family doesn't season their food. :weirdo:

My Grandpa's been training me for this since I was about 9 years old, so I'm a Hell of a grill master. However, to hear an adult say something like that just blew my mind.

I love living in NC...everyday is grilling season.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."