• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Jabari Parker

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OldManRemy

Rookie
Reaction score
Jabari Parker is going to be a special player. He had a slow start the first few games but he's managed to put some efficient games up lately. Jay Bilas of ESPN gave a half-hearted scouting report saying Parker could peak (if all things go right) as some Carmelo/Paul Pierce hybrid or "a Melo that passes."

Here are the highlights of Parker from last night versus Cleveland. Besides being skilled, Parker is just a huge man (255 pounds in the summer).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIZkdx3Pipk

He's definitely got the inside track for rookie of the year.

Who is the competition? Wiggins and Noel seem to be way back in the middle of the pack. Mirotic is only technically a rookie and that will hurt him on the votes. K.J. McDaniels? Is Jordan Clarkson going to get the LA Vote?

The Pierce comparison is finally on for someone. I think that's the one for him.

He looked more explosive than I thought he was. I don't think he will have the athletic shortcomings some predicted.

He was the guy I wanted. I thought he would contribute right away. Maybe he would have. He didn't need the ball as much as I thought he would either.

Dreaming of Irving, Parker, Lebron... now that would be a 10 year window.

When Nerlens went down and they were saying there was no starter in the draft, I thought we should swing for the fences on Giannis or Steven Adams.

Would have been cool. You could probably start him at 1-3.

Parker is awesome. Dick Vitale had me convinced, but I let the board sway me to Wiggins.

Poor Jabari and the Bucks, he looks like a really nice guy and imo is a better player than Wiggins.
Life is sometimes unfair.

done for the year with a torn ACL as per woj, stein, et al on twitter

that is so awful :(

That sucks so bad. That's a year long recovery too. Probably won't be back until almost 2016.

Bad luck for Parker. His offense was beginning to come around. He was a liability on defense, though, and as bad as Wiggins has been on offense, Parker has had less of a positive impact due to his poor defense.

His RPM (small sample size) is at -4.08, 417th place out of 430.

Per 100 possessions:

-6.4 on-court
-14.6 on-off

His team is considerably better with him off the court. He was a poor defender in college and now knows what he has to work on to be better and become a true difference maker.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."