• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Jameer Nelson Safari

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glenechocreek

Situational Stopper
Reaction score
According to an ESPN report, the Cavaliers are exploring the possibility of trading for Nuggets guard Jameer Nelson in exchange for center Brendan Haywood.

I don't' understand why. We need guys with size who can defend. Nelson is neither of those. I'd rather let Delly play it out. Delly is shooting better than Jameer from 3 this year too.

Last edited:
What our last trade chip for Jameer? He has been done for awhile. I don't think this affects anything

Man, won't Brenda's contract be worth 5x more next season?

We could bring in someone much better if we could wait.

I'd also prefer to grab another big instead of a guard. Delly is at least solid. And in the playoffs, LeBron can play some minutes at point, or even JR. But if Moz goes down, we are hurting bad at Center again.

Anyone wondering why I've defended Delly so passionately the past two months just got their questions answered.

I remember when the word "safari" was reserved for transactions we actually wanted to see happen...

the-office-no.gif

I'm curious as to what the Cavs see in Nelson. A more traditional point guard maybe? Statistically he's been better than Delly in almost every category outside three point shooting, but just by a hair. He does have some playoff experience. My only thought is that the Cavs are worried that in the playoffs they'd more likely need someone that plays more like a traditional point guard and less of Delly's 3 and D style.

I'm curious as to what the Cavs see in Nelson. A more traditional point guard maybe? Statistically he's been better than Delly in almost every category outside three point shooting, but just by a hair. He does have some playoff experience. My only thought is that the Cavs are worried that in the playoffs they'd more likely need someone that plays more like a traditional point guard and less of Delly's 3 and D style.

The only thing I can think is they view him as a product of his environment at this point. He's bounced around with several teams and is a bit banged up.

Last season he was at least solid. 12 PPG, 7 AST, 3 REB. His 2pt shooting was below average but he shot 35% from 3.

With all that said, I'll be pretty disappointed if we cash in our last trade chip for him. Nelson is a free agent next season. Not sure why you trade a valuable asset for a guy who could potentially just be bought out by Orlando.

Man, won't Brenda's contract be worth 5x more next season?

We could bring in someone much better if we could wait.

I'd also prefer to grab another big instead of a guard. Delly is at least solid. And in the playoffs, LeBron can play some minutes at point, or even JR. But if Moz goes down, we are hurting bad at Center again.
it has need explained many times in other threads. We will no longer be able to add a massive contract using his contract anymore due to the 3 additions and their salary holds.There is just not going to be a huge demand for Haywood's contract either before July 1st. Get as much as you can and call it a day.

This is much closer to drunken trip to the zoo than a safari.
Definitely, but he would be useful. Delly is useless as a 2nd string PG in terms of creating offense, which is sorely needed when LBJ/Kyrie are off the floor. I still think JR would be the next best guy initiating the offense, but that's not exactly what we would prefer.

I do agree that another big is needed as well, and hopefully that will be handled, too - maybe as a buyout.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."