• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Jared Sullinger to enter NBA

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cavs1

WCX
Reaction score
Ohio State forward Jared Sullinger will announce Wednesday that he will enter the NBA draft, a school source told ESPN.com's Andy Katz.

Sullinger and Buckeyes coach Thad Matta are expected to appear at a news conference at 2:15 p.m. ET Wednesday at Value City Arena, on the Ohio State campus.

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/st...-buckeyes-announce-entering-draft-source-says

Not surprising at all after a final 4 appearance. I really think he'll struggle at the next level to get his shot off. Wish him the best though. Amir Williams will have to be ready to go next year.

To me his stock went down because of that final four game. It's pretty much well known that bigs with length give him a ton of problems. He has improved on the outside. As long as he fine tunes that shot he'll be a solid role player at best.

To me his stock went down because of that final four game. It's pretty much well known that bigs with length give him a ton of problems. He has improved on the outside. As long as he fine tunes that shot he'll be a solid role player at best.

Thorpe doesn't agree with you... I think Sully will have a fine NBA career...

As a two time All-American, I thank him for his time on the Buckeye team.

Losing last year was not his fault, and he came back to improve and ended up playing hurt most, if not all, of the year.

Best of luck to you!

He's going to go between 10 and 15. Didn't like his LeBron-esque demeanor when Withey swatted him a few times. He was a broken player.

Couple of mocks have him going to the Kings. I pray he doesn't get stuck in basketball hell

He needed another year... He uses his body in college to create offense, he won't be able to do that in the NBA.

He needed another year... He uses his body in college to create offense, he won't be able to do that in the NBA.

I think he will be pretty good as long as he plays the pf position in the NBA not the center.

He's listed as 6'9". He can't play center. His jump shot is what will get him a decent contract throughout his career. I think he can put on some muscle before the season starts but he needs a go to move in the post. He's not gonna be able to just move everyone with his body like he did in college.

That said, I had fun watching him play. Definitely got the bball program back on track for sure. Wish him the best of luck.

Last edited:
He's listed as 6'9". He can't play center. His jump shot is what will get him a decent contract throughout his career. I think he can put on some muscle before the season starts but he needs a go to move in the post. He's not gonna be able to just move everyone with his body like he did in college.

That said, I had fun watching him play. Definitely got the bball program back on track for sure. Wish him the best of luck.

Never knew it was off track... OSU did have Evan Turner prior to Sully and even before ET had ODen, Conley, Cook etc...

Not true. Plenty of under the basket big guys like Sully still use their body. I dont want him as a cav, but he will be a good offensive minded pf in the NBA. Think a better version of Dejuan Blair or a better Powe with knees.

His stock will just go down if he stays. It went down this year. But I would love for him to stay. I wonder when he will get picked? I expect him to be a lottery pick, probably not top 5, but up there.

I think Sullinger needed to stay one more year. He is a lottery pick this year for sure.

Some people compare Sullinger to Sean May.

Who cares about his performance against Kansas? There aren't many 7 foot PFs in the NBA with shot blocking ability.. He was playing out of position his entire college career.

Sully will be a better player than David West was before and now. That's the only comparison I can come up with right now.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."