1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. 78% of you are still blocking ads. Please Whitelist RCF or consider buying the ad-free version of RCF. It's $5 per month. Thank you to the 4 people who bought the ad free package!!!

Jaron Blossomgame

Discussion in 'Cavs Talk' started by BankShot, Dec 20, 2018.

1. BankShot

BankShot In the Rotation

I think he has earned his own thread.

Had a nice career at Clemson, was looking like a potential late first rounder until a bad shooting senior season. Spurs took him toward the end of the 2nd round in 2017.

More of a 3/4 tweener, but is strong and can rebound/defend enough to have some success as a small ball 4.

We've seen that he is a plus athlete and can knock down a 3 on occasion.

At 25, old for a rookie, but exactly the type of g-league find that can help us moving forward.

• Like Like x 7
  2. kosis

kosis Creeping like Sharia

Can we merge this with the Alonzo Gee thread?

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. David.

David. Radical Centrist

What a fucking name

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. buzzdog

buzzdog All-Star

I've been really hard on this kid. and I coined him to be Blossom-no-game because he seemed to have no outside shot whatsoever. His first sample of games he was missing everything (rim, backboard... everything) in his outside shot attempts and for all I knew he had no shooting ability.

He's always been strong around the rim and he is very strong and athletic.

Last night he showed a really nice 3 point shooting stroke that was seemingly non-existent before. If he can get somewhat reliable at knocking down those outside shots, and if he can play defense on a level similar to Nwaba, he could be a nice rotation piece for times when we want to trot out a whole team of "positionless" players who can switch everything. I don't mind that as one tool in the toolbag, as long as it isn't the only way we play.

5. Jake

Jake Retired Pro

Looks to have some potential. Maybe took him a few games to gain some confidence. I'd put him in the line up to replace an under performing player.

6. Pjlea28

Pjlea28 Sixth Man

Cavs need to keep digging this year and find a couple of individuals that would be useful rotational players moving forward.....and maybe find one diamond in the rough. Blossomgame played well last night....key is consistency.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Ohio

Ohio DAWGS GOTTA EAT

:chuckle:

Perfect.

3G service back in The Q!

• Like Like x 1
  8. raisen

raisen NBA Starter

The top 5 CAVS players defense Diff% in last 5 games:

Blossomgame = -11.9%
    Cedi = -5.6%
    Burks = -4.1
    Delly = -3.6%
    Clarkson = -0.8%

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Cavatt

Cavatt Hall-of-Famer

He's a utility player that is actually putting up numbers right now. Agree with the Gee comparisons. He is similar, but seems to be a much better rebounder. He has a nose for the ball. Not a bad guy to have as a third stronger. He can come in and affect the game, minimum not hurt you, maximum give you a double double. That is pretty valuable. Give him a min contract.

I thought after that 4-4 shooting Jones would be the guy, but Blossomgame has totally earned spot on the roster.

10. inliner311

inliner311 NBA Starter

I wonder what they will do when his 45 days are getting close to being up. I think Koby wants that extra roster spot for wiggle room with trades. They might want to shuffle him down to Canton on off days now so he can play on game days and stretch his 45 days past the trade deadline.

11. Cavatt

Cavatt Hall-of-Famer

Yeah I guess it depends on health. For a team not trying to win anything this team is banged up bad.

12. Omar The Horse

Omar The Horse NBA Starter

Rich Man’s Cedi Osman

13. KilgoreTrout

KilgoreTrout All-Star

I can’t tell if it helps him or hurts him. Could help him, bc it’s distinctive. Could hurt him, bc it’s kind of fruity.

14. Bulldog2Buckeye

Bulldog2Buckeye Situational Stopper

He’s an end of the rotation guy being put into a bigger role with more minutes and proving he belongs in the league. All tanking teams need these types of guys for when they finally become competitive. The 76ers had guys like Bob Covington, Richaun Holmes, TJ McConnell, etc that people probably looked past because they weren’t stars and because they were allowed to develop they became serviceable, tradeable assets

• Like Like x 1
  15. NMCav

NMCav In the Rotation

Gonna be sad times if we lose Blossomgame since McCaw is taking the 15th spot on the roster. I've liked Blossomgame so far. Will never be a star but could be a solid end of the rotation player for us.

• Like Like x 1