• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Jim Harbaugh

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ohio

Woosah
Reaction score
So while watching the Browns be the Browns today, I decided to look up some information on Jim Harbaugh.

Here are a few articles that immediately popped up...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...win-super-bowl-jim-harbaugh-wont-return-in-15

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...t-began-jim-harbaugh-rift-san-francisco-49ers

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/10/5/6910691/randy-moss-jim-harbaugh-san-francisco-49ers-michigan

Bottom line is that he is gone. The Browns made a move for him last year, and with the team not winning 5 games this year, I fully expect us to make a move for him again. And I sure as hell hope it happens. Keeps him away from Michigan too which is a huge plus.

The laughingstock of the league would become even more of a laughingstock.

Would love the move... if this was Pettine's 3rd or 4th year with the team.

Harbaugh will go back to college imo. That is what he is comfortable with and what he is suited for.

I could see Michigan but I wouldn't rule out another program.

I've gotten over how people perceive the Browns. They've been the biggest joke in sports for over a decade.

I want to win football games, Harbaugh wins football games. I don't care about anything else.

Yes. This town really needs a coach that, by all accounts, players can't stand to play for.

Let's get this revolving door of ineptitude turning yet again.

I've gotten over how people perceive the Browns. They've been the biggest joke in sports for over a decade.

I want to win football games, Harbaugh wins football games. I don't care about anything else.

It wouldn't just be how people perceive the Browns, but how players & coaches perceive them.

Why should Harbaugh believe his job would be secure with how much turnover this team has had & how bad this team is?

Why would any players want to play here or be happy playing here with how much turnover we experience & how many different systems we go through? Especially for a coach who a lot of players don't even want to play for..

So while watching the Browns be the Browns today, I decided to look up some information on Jim Harbaugh.

Here are a few articles that immediately popped up...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...win-super-bowl-jim-harbaugh-wont-return-in-15

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...t-began-jim-harbaugh-rift-san-francisco-49ers

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/10/5/6910691/randy-moss-jim-harbaugh-san-francisco-49ers-michigan

Bottom line is that he is gone. The Browns made a move for him last year, and with the team not winning 5 games this year, I fully expect us to make a move for him again. And I sure as hell hope it happens. Keeps him away from Michigan too which is a huge plus.

Jim Harbaugh...next HC at Michigan. Book it. Harbaugh is probably like Calipari, Izzo, Saban, etc. He could be a good pro coach, but he can be a phenomenal college coach. Not to mention, absolutely perfect fit. He'll go back to Michigan and become a God for resurrecting the program.

Harbaugh could be a good pro coach? He's already better than just a "good" pro coach

No shit. What I meant was that there's a bunch of guys like Harbaugh who could/would/are good pro coaches. However, they have the ability to be great/legendary college coaches. Just like some coaches are just o.k. college coaches while they are much better suited for the pro game.

It wouldn't just be how people perceive the Browns, but how players & coaches perceive them.

Why should Harbaugh believe his job would be secure with how much turnover this team has had & how bad this team is?

Why would any players want to play here or be happy playing here with how much turnover we experience & how many different systems we go through? Especially for a coach who a lot of players don't even want to play for..
Harbaugh would believe his job is secure because of his track record and because of the ridiculous amount of money Haslam will pay him to right this ship.

This team is not that bad. Harbaugh would instantly take this roster to the playoffs. Instantly.

If players don't want to play for a coach that wins games, then find ones that do.

He wants full control, and honestly, I think a full control Harbaugh would be a disaster.

Harbaugh will go back to college imo. That is what he is comfortable with and what he is suited for.

I could see Michigan but I wouldn't rule out another program.

You really thnk a competitor like Harbaugh is going to skulk back to the college ranks after being so 'out of his comfort zone' that he had a .700 winning % and took a team to the NFC Championship twice in 3 years? Yeah, not happening. Someone will offer him big money to take over their train wreck, and he will jump at it. The only thing that would suck him back to Michigan is loyalty and desire to rebuild that program, not because of some silly assertino that he is uncomfortable at the level that he played at for 14 years.

The really sad part would be if the Pettine Browns are just good enough that the team misses on the opportunity to add the kind of coach this team has needed since they came back. Pettine has to be 'the one' if Harbaugh is a legit option and the Browns break from precedence and stick with Pettine.

If Harbaugh is disenfranchised with the NFL atmosphere, I could see it.

What I can't see is Dave Brandon being able to sell him on the Michigan program, he's a lightweight.

If Michigan overhauls the AD position, only then do I think this becomes a legit possibility.

Harbaugh is not going to Michigan ... Apparently the family loves the Bay area and they are hoping for another team from the Bay Area - with suspect coaching and an owner whose haircut looks like he uses am inverted bowl - to call him and give him the job. And it seems he was the QB coach for that team a few years back !

I'm still skeptical about Harbaugh actually being hated by his players. Last year there was all that crap about there being a power struggle between him and the front office. This year all this info is coming out, but nothing about the FO. It seems a little too convenient. I'm sure some players dont care for him. Guys like Harbaugh can wear out their welcome. I just don't think he's the problem he's being made out to be.

The way the Browns are playing right now, I'm not at all interested in making any kind of coaching change. I do agree that Michigan is the ideal fit, assuming they can lure him away from the west coast.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."