• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Job Search - Seeking a Recruiter

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Binkster

A Five Star Man
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I hate my job. Like I REALLY hate my job. Currently employed at a Cleveland-based marketing agency and work with large food clients working with creative teams to develop print and digital advertising materials among other things.

I'm trying to transition into product management or... literally anything relevant. I've had multiple interviews that have come down to the wire where I lost out to internal candidates.

My issue is this: This job search is becoming really frustrating. I've had good interviews, but I'm getting the short end of the stick. Now I'm having difficulty even finding relevant postings.

I'm to the point where I'd be interested in contacting a third-party recruiter but I'm not really sure how to go about finding them? I've had some seek me out for specific positions but how do I find one to go to bat for me?

Suggestions? Bad humor is appreciated.

Is your LinkedIn profile updated and visible to view? If so, start looking at companies you're interested in and find their recruiters profile. Reach out to them and introduce yourself and let them know what you're looking for.

Hey guys,

I hate my job. Like I REALLY hate my job. Currently employed at a Cleveland-based marketing agency and work with large food clients working with creative teams to develop print and digital advertising materials among other things.

I'm trying to transition into product management or... literally anything relevant. I've had multiple interviews that have come down to the wire where I lost out to internal candidates.

My issue is this: This job search is becoming really frustrating. I've had good interviews, but I'm getting the short end of the stick. Now I'm having difficulty even finding relevant postings.

I'm to the point where I'd be interested in contacting a third-party recruiter but I'm not really sure how to go about finding them? I've had some seek me out for specific positions but how do I find one to go to bat for me?

Suggestions? Bad humor is appreciated.
Dude, your like one of those guys on Mad Men!

I have a friend who is a recruiter at Aerotek. Not sure how good she is, but I'd be happy to provide a name if you'd like.

I have a friend who is a recruiter at Aerotek. Not sure how good she is, but I'd be happy to provide a name if you'd like.

I got a short term job through Aerotek Scientific while I was in school and really liked it. They seemed like professionals who treated you with respect, unlike a lot of temp agencies. I'd definitely give them a chance and see what they have.

Very much appreciated. Although I may hold out for something more permanent just due to loan payments, rent, etc.

Appreciate the advice though.

Is your LinkedIn profile updated and visible to view? If so, start looking at companies you're interested in and find their recruiters profile. Reach out to them and introduce yourself and let them know what you're looking for.
Yes and yes that's been my plan of attack thus far. Not a whole lot of luck, however, hence the post.

Cardboard box and sharpie...

Freeway exit...

Just not W.150th and 71. Thats my freeway exit

Depending on the recruiter that you get set up with, there are recruiting companies that will put you into a position that becomes permanent. I would recommend at least giving it a shot and seeing what positions are available. I manage over 300 contract workers and the goal is at one point to convert them to permanent as long as their productivity is benefiticial to the company. Aerotek is a great recruiting agency to go through by the way, they have a lot of contracts through a variety of different industries.

I also hate my job, let me know if you learn anything one your endeavor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk at your local pub.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."