• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Joel Embiid turns into Greg Oden

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Douglar

Intentionally Grounded
Staff member
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...ds-another-foot-surgery-likely-2015-16-season

Philadelphia 76ers center Joel Embiid needs another surgery on his injured foot and likely will miss the entire 2015-16 season.

"A collective decision has been made that the best approach to promote full healing would be to proceed with a bone graft of the fracture site," 76ers president and general manager Sam Hinkie said in a statement Saturday night. "We anticipate the procedure will take place in the next 7-10 days and result in Joel missing the upcoming season. 
"

While Embiid is not experiencing pain in the foot, test results showed a regression in the healing process.

The Philadelphia Inquirer first reported news of Embiid's surgery earlier Saturday. According to the Inquirer's sources, Embiid's latest setback could be career-threatening.​

Glee1.gif

Well at least we don't have to worry about Waiters heading to Philly and teaming with Embiid to dominate the East for the next 10 years @OptimusPrime

Pretty unbelievable that his foot could be this bad after he didn't realize it was even broken.

How sad. If there is any position in the NBA that can't afford injuries, it is the C position. We have already lost so much potential to injury in the last few years.

Went back and watched his college highlights again. He was by far the best prospect between Wiggins, Parker, and himself. Hopefully he makes a full recovery because I definitely want to see what he could become.

In an alternate world, I picture us having drafted a healthy Embiid, LeBron still returns, and we trade Waiters, Bennett, 2+ firsts, and filler for Kevin Love. Then we make some other moves to fill out the wing positions, then BAM! 4 superstar team. *goes in corner and cries with Richfield*

I was really looking forward to watching this guy develop. I wanted him before the injury news broke. Such a shame, he looked like the real deal and now his career may be over.

In an alternate world, I picture us having drafted a healthy Embiid, LeBron still returns, and we trade Waiters, Bennett, 2+ firsts, and filler for Kevin Love. Then we make some other moves to fill out the wing positions, then BAM! 4 superstar team. *goes in corner and cries with Richfield*
I live in the world where we lost the coin flip, and Anthony Davis is a Cavalier. I also live in the alternate reality where we drafted Drummond instead of an undersized two.

I live in the world where we lost the coin flip, and Anthony Davis is a Cavalier. I also live in the alternate reality where we drafted Drummond instead of an undersized two.

You do know that losing that coin flip doesn't guarantee us Davis, right? Changing one event can change others.

This is too bad. Hell of a talent - I would argue that he had/has a higher upside than even Oden did.

He will only be 22 heading into next season. Get healthy and tear it up.

In an alternate world, I picture nobody ever again claiming that Minnesota would have been stupid enough to trade Kevin Love for two trash players and two bottom of the barrel first round picks.

That argument was always based on rose-colored glasses. First, some folks simply overvalued both Waiters and Bennett. And, some were also sure that the trade value of both Bennett and Waiters would be higher at the break than it was at the beginning of the season. And after both Waiters and Bennett were dealt, we got some confirmation that both had been overvalued by some here.

It's fair to argue that we should have kept Wiggins and not traded for Love. But it's not fair to assume that the guys on the other side of the bargaining table were incompetent, and would have taken a package that turned out to have comparatively little value.

Last edited:
In an alternate world, I picture nobody ever again claiming that Minnesota would have been stupid enough to trade Kevin Love for two trash players and two bottom of the barrel first round picks.

That argument was always based on rose-colored glasses. First, some folks simply overvalued both Waiters and Bennett. And, some were also sure that the trade value of both Bennett and Waiters would be higher at the break than it was at the beginning of the season. And after both Waiters and Bennett were dealt, we got some confirmation that both had been overvalued by some here.

It's fair to argue that we should have kept Wiggins and not traded for Love. But it's not fair to assume that the guys on the other side of the bargaining table were incompetent, and would have taken a package that turned out to have comparatively little value.

Every thread does not need to turn into a Wiggins trade debate, especially when you're calling other posters "stupid."

Fuck outta here with this.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."