• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Josh Smith Cut

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Don't they owe him like 30 million??

Don't they owe him like 30 million??
$14Mil a year with 2.7 years left

So who bets the Kings put in a claim?
This isn't an amnesty waiver, so in order to claim him, you'd need to fit his whole contract in cap space.

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein Safest bet in professional sports right now: Josh Smith will clear waivers in 48 hours and have the right to go elsewhere as a free agent

Any reason why the cavs would be interested in him?

There are very few teams who want him and even fewer that can fit his contract under their cap. Kings have the required stupidity to take him on. Him and rudy make a hell of low IQ combo

Unbelievable.

My gut feeling says he ends up in Charlotte (via FA of course).

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12066086/detroit-pistons-waive-josh-smith

The Detroit Pistons on Monday waived veteran forward Josh Smith, who still had two years and $26 million remaining on his contract after this season.

The veteran forward was averaging 13.1 points, 7.2 rebounds and 4.7 assists per game this season.
"Our team has not performed the way we had expected throughout the first third of the season and adjustments need to be made in terms of our focus and direction," coach Stan Van Gundy said in a statement.

"We are shifting priorities to aggressively develop our younger players while also expanding the roles of other players in the current rotation to improve performance and build for our future. As we expand certain roles, others will be reduced. In fairness to Josh, being a highly versatile 10-year veteran in this league, we feel it's best to give him his freedom to move forward. We have full respect for Josh as a player and a person."

If Smith clears waivers over the next 48 hours, he will have the right to go elsewhere as a free agent.
The Pistons acquired Smith as a free agent after the 2012-13 season. In 105 games with Detroit, he averaged 15.5 points, 6.9 rebounds and 3.7 assists.

Any way Smith would choose Cleveland?

I'd play a lineup of:
Pg kyrie
Sg miller
Sf Lebron
Pf Smith
C Love

Bench:
Delly, Waiters, Marion, TT, and Andy

It would make us way deep and allow a shot blocker to play next to Love.

Any reason why the cavs would be interested in him?
There are very few teams who want him and even fewer that can fit his contract under their cap. Kings have the required stupidity to take him on. Him and rudy make a hell of low IQ combo
he's basically a lock to clear waivers and become a free-agent, then any team can sign him. i would go after him if he was fine with a bench role (a la Marion) but i don't see that happening. even after his bad stint in Detroit, i bet there will be some teams who offer him a starting job (my money is on the Kings as well).

Either way you slice it, SVG , for all his coaching accumen, was NOT ready to run a team. Still may not be.

The Monroe nonsense, now they waive Smith ?

Not to mention the Jodie Meeks contract.

Last edited:
Any way Smith would choose Cleveland?

I'd play a lineup of:
Pg kyrie
Sg miller
Sf Lebron
Pf Smith
C Love

Bench:
Delly, Waiters, Marion, TT, and Andy

It would make us way deep and allow a shot blocker to play next to Love.

If Dion wasn't on the team, I might be able to tolerate Josh Smith. But the two of them together would give me a coronary on a nightly basis.

Hilarious. Don't know what else to say.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."