• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

JT Barrett Police Investigation

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AZ_

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
http://menofthescarletandgray.com/2...nvolved-in-a-police-investigation-per-report/

Officers responded early Tuesday morning to a disturbance at Ohio State Quarterback J.T. Barrett’s apartment, according to a report from the Columbus Division of Police.

In the report, Barrett says a woman identified as his girlfriend — Alexandria Barrett-Clark — refused to leave his apartment after he asked her to do so. Barrett says she “ran at him and pushed him.”

Barrett says Barrett-Clark hit him. In the report, he say he pushed her awy in self-defense, which caused her to fall to a bed. Barrett says he again asked her to leave. Agan, he says, she refused.

Barrett-Clark says she told Barrett that she would leave in the morning.

She told police that Barrett confronted her in his bedroom and “choked her on the bed.” She said Barrett used his forearm to apply pressue to her neck before taking her phone away from her.

Barrett-Clark told police she managed to get away from Barrett and call police.

Police say a witness told them that he was upstairs when he heard arguing. But, he says, he did not see any kind of fight between Barrett and Barrett-Clark.

Police said neither Barrett, nor Barrett-Clark, had any visible injuries and refused medical treatment.

Police did not make any arrests and no charges were filed.

The incident has been referred to the Prosecutor’s Office.

Has the public decided he's guilty yet?

I'd imagine it won't be long now.

Given the rhetoric from some OSU fans on other similar investigations around the country, it will be fun to watch them 180 as this story develops.

Barrett and Cardale could probably get away with murder in this state if they wanted to

I'd imagine it won't be long now.

Given the rhetoric from some OSU fans on other similar investigations around the country, it will be fun to watch them 180 as this story develops.

Yep. I already went to the Scout board to see what they were saying/spinning. The news hasn't even made it's own thread yet. :chuckle:

I will always love the Buckeyes. I will also always support them. These fans have been ripping anyone who sneezes wrong in another program. This will be minimized by the fanatics over there in no time.

Not that I even think/know whether Barrett choked the chick, touched her or if she was being a chicken-head. Unfortunately, some chicks have numbed peoples' reactions to these types of domestic incidents by looking for the $$$...

Reactions: AZ_
Has the public decided he's guilty yet?
Well, it just came out so we don't know for sure. But, one thing I don't want to defend is someone who would rough up a woman. If it does turn out to be true, then I don't want Barrett on the team.

Reactions: AZ_
Well, it just came out so we don't know for sure. But, one thing I don't want to defend is someone who would rough up a woman. If it does turn out to be true, then I don't want Barrett on the team.

Pretty big if, considering he's in a full leg cast, likely unable to pursue anyone who'd have to "manage to get away".

I'd agree, though. If it is true, I don't need JT Barrett.

Honestly, based on the early reports, it doesn't sound as though anything is going to come of this and that it was minor.

It's the recidivism that would bring the lack of severity into doubt.

Ditch the girl, bang models. You're a star now, JT.

Pretty big if, considering he's in a full leg cast, likely unable to pursue anyone who'd have to "manage to get away".

I'd agree, though. If it is true, I don't need JT Barrett.

Thats my whole thought, he has a broken ankle, seems he wouldnt be able to pursue anyone. We will see.

Scooters have wheels, guys.

He's probably even quicker than he was.

I understand every situation is different, but Carlos Hyde got 3 games for something that seems tamer than this.

Yikes. Stories like this are never good.

I understand every situation is different, but Carlos Hyde got 3 games for something that seems tamer than this.

Provided her side of the story is verified, as was the case in the Hyde situation.

Would be surprised if any punishment came from this.

OSU: "We are aware of the situation & are gathering information."

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."