• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Klay Thompson suffers concussion

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

KI4MVP

formerly LJ4MVP
Reaction score
There is plenty of time for him to return before the finals start. And personally I would rather see both teams at full strength and never want to see anyone with a brain injury.

He does now have to go through the league's concussion protocol to return. That certainly can be completed before the finals start, but could take longer. It took Mike Miller 15 days to play again after his concussion.

CGEZXfbUsAAUPaA.jpg:large

Last edited:
FYI, Klay can be cleared to play within a week based on the NBA's concussion protocol. Unless there is any severe damage, he should be okay to play. Whether or not he's 100%? that's a different story

here are cases I've found:

Tyler Zeller was out 7 days with a concussion
Kyrie Irving was out 8 days with a concussion
Anthony Davis was out 7 days with a concussion
Mike Miller was out 15 days with a concussion

anyone want to look up how long other players have been out since the current concussion policy went into effect?

I was going to say that you don't just start bleeding from the ear without it being symptomatic of an issue. I don't really buy the "Ear Laceration" story now considering the news.

It was either a concussion or a damn Ceti Eel.

CetiEelLifecycle_zpsiajyzjdt.jpg

Golden State medical staff did the same thing with Curry it was no way I guy is bleeding out of his ear and its not a concussion. The medical staff wouldn't even answer questions after the game about Curry injuries.

Concussions are tricky. If he has one and they someone get him on the court, he certainly would not be 100%.

I don't wish that on anyone; head injuries are always the most dangerous. Knees/Achilles/shoulders heal, you live a full life. Head injuries can effect you forever.

Whether or not he's 100%? that's a different story

If he's not 100% symptom free from the concussion, then he won't be cleared. So he has to be 100%.

Curry's injury was different because he showed no symptoms after the fall or after the game. Thompson apparently did.

Doesn't matter to me though because I want Golden State at full strength.

Golden State botches concussion protocol. Media reaction:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If Cavs had botched concussion protocol:
Fire Blatt
Fire the training staff
Unprofessional pricks
*rabblerabblerabble* Delly did it!

Not true, they were very hard on GS for the Curry fall and putting him back in. Not quite as hard as they were on us for playing Kyrie game 4, but I heard allot of negatives about Curry playing.

Thing is there is no evidence they botched anything, just typical media speculation.

I want to give GS the same leeway we think we deserve when the media jumps on something they really know nothing about.

Thing is there is no evidence they botched anything, just typical media speculation.
He was bleeding from his ear and were about to check him into the game...

This was after Doris Burke reported that the training staff did not feel the need to put him through concussion protocol.

I haven't heard or read a single criticism of this. They botched the tits off the situation.

But yeah, playing the guy with knee tendinitis is a crime.

Last edited:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."