• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Kyle Anderson putting up crazy stats

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Damage

fuckface
Reaction score
This kid made a pretty good decision by staying in school

13.9 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 7.1 apg, 1 block, 1.7 steals, shooting 50% from the field, 53 from 3 and 73 from the line. Depending on how this season shapes out, Anderson could be a legit option for us.

That's what KA does - he's really good at just about everything. It's unfortunate that his body can't keep up with his brain in that regard. I don't think he'll ever be able to move around well enough to get serious minutes at the next level. Wouldn't be surprised to see him end up with a Walton-like career. Might sound harsh for a decent prospect, but is something of a compliment imo.

Last edited:
That's what KA does - he's really good at just about everything. It's unfortunate that his body can't keep up with his brain in that regard. I don't think he'll ever be able to move around well enough to get serious minutes at the next level. Wouldn't be surprised to see him end up with a Walton-like career. Might sound harsh for a decent prospect, but is something of a compliment imo.

A healthy Walton was a very, very productive player. Mid round pick, I'd take 10/5/5 with very good defense, good spacing, and high bball IQ any day of the week.

Admittedly I don't know much about the guy, but it's always nice to pick up a solid 3&D guy in the draft. That's what the stats make him out to be, imo.

Kyle Anderson is the ultimate tease. He's as unathletic as can be, but has managed to be productive--especially this year. Can he be as effective in the NBA? What position will his athleticism allow him to play? I can see him being a Luke Walton-type, but I don't know if he can be a starter without playing PF. Two guys that remind me of what Anderson could be in the NBA are Anthony Mason (point-forward from the 4-spot with limited athleticism and shooting range) and Boris Diaw (similar all-around).

A similar prospect with similar skills, size and athletic ability to keep an eye on is Dario Saric.

Kyle Anderson can defend nba players. That's what separates him from Walton.

I think either Phills and/or howeler and I discussed Slo-mo quite a bit last season. I didn't expect that big of an improvement shooting-wise. He's certainly a nice player; have to wonder how productive UCLA could have been last year without Shabazz trying to dribble the air out of the ball possession after possession as well as having a healthy Jordan Adams.

At a certain point you gotta start winning. If we are gonna have a top 5 next year, it best be because of a trade.

At a certain point you gotta start winning. If we are gonna have a top 5 next year, it best be because of a trade.

What does this have to do with Kyle Anderson?

DraftExpress currently has him as the 25th pick in the second round. I'm sure his stock will rise into the 1st round if he keeps doing what he's doing, but it would be pretty surprising if he even ended up in the lottery.

Draftexpress had steven adams bottom of the first round up until the draft until someone in the nba told them how dumb they were. It's a rumor mill, not a place that evaluates talent. If Kyle Anderson doesn't go top 15 something went seriously wrong with his sophomore season. He was a top 10 high school player, and the number one floor general in the country.

Draftexpress had steven adams bottom of the first round up until the draft until someone in the nba told them how dumb they were. It's a rumor mill, not a place that evaluates talent. If Kyle Anderson doesn't go top 15 something went seriously wrong with his sophomore season. He was a top 10 high school player, and the number one floor general in the country.

That part about Steven Adams isn't even true. As soon as Pitt's season ended and it appeared Adams was declaring they had him in the top 20.

Anderson was a top 10 player in a shit class. He's probably a late 1st rounder at this rate, and this is coming from somebody who was a big fan of him all through last year and still am this year.

DraftExpress actually is an evaluation website, not a rumor mill. Not sure where you got the idea that they were a rumor mill.

Draft express last update was december 13th. they are a rumor mill. Or are you suggesting that they are behind on their research? How do you justify a bottom of the second round ranking for Anderson?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."