• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2017-2018 Boston Celtics: No Irving! No Hayward! No Brooklyn Pick!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Regrade the finalized trade

• A+

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • A

Votes: 70 27.9%
  • B

Votes: 74 29.5%
  • C

Votes: 39 15.5%
  • D

Votes: 18 7.2%
  • F

Votes: 30 12.0%

• Total voters

wuck

Hustling on the inside
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Please keep the focus on Kyrie Irving in this thread.

If you want to discuss things completely unrelated to Irving, go here: http://realcavsfans.com/community/index.php?threads/open-discussion-cavs-related-issues.47439/

If things go way off-topic, posts will be deleted and vacations will be granted. I've gotten numerous complaints about the mess that was the old Irving thread, and I feel like it's time to get it back on track.

--
For continuity:

Old Kyrie thread: http://realcavsfans.com/community/index.php?threads/kyrie-irving.43426/

Even older Kyrie thread: http://realcavsfans.com/community/index.php?threads/kyrie-irving.38471/

Last edited:
Thanks for The Shot

625-kyrie-irving-shot-game-7-nba-finals.jpg

Last edited:
Can you put links to both old Kyrie threads in the first post of this one? There's something to be said for thread continuity -- I love being able to go back and read conversations from a player's rookie year, the first time Jon said Kyrie was 'a rich man's Boobie Gibson', etc. Thanks!

Here's to a decent RAPM regular season.

Lue saw how much energy and aggression he had in the playoffs after getting the first three months of the season off last year.

Has Irving said anything about what he worked on this summer? Or was it mostly resting after the Olympics finished?

If anything, I think he's more of a "rich man's Mo Williams". Mo had a better handle, could finish (hit the Mo Flo), and could get the others involved along with the shooting...

But if I compared him to a non-Cav (one that I remember), he reminds me of Iverson (if Iverson was a few inches taller, could actually shoot efficiently anywhere on the court, wasn't a complete black hole, and didn't have an attitude nor was a head-case). Those handles Irving has were inspired from guys like Iverson, Tim Hardaway, and Rod Strickland, so it's easy to compare him to them.

And if I went a little further, Irving and LeBron as a tandem kinda reminds of me of the Jordan-Pippen duo. In this case, leadership is switched, but the roles are similar (LeBron is the anti-Pippen who's the leader, defender, and triple-double/triple threat; Kyrie is the anti-Jordan who's the dynamite scorer, isolation threat, and ice-in-his-veins/I'm-gonna-kill-you-and-you-can't-do-shit-about-it threat).

But maybe it's simply this: Kyrie Irving reminds me of Kyrie Irving. And the only one at that ;).

If anything, I think he's more of a "rich man's Mo Williams". Mo had a better handle, could finish (hit the Mo Flo), and could get the others involved along with the shooting...

But if I compared him to a non-Cav (one that I remember), he reminds me of Iverson (if Iverson was a few inches taller, could actually shoot efficiently anywhere on the court, wasn't a complete black hole, and didn't have an attitude nor was a head-case). Those handles Irving has were inspired from guys like Iverson, Tim Hardaway, and Rod Strickland, so it's easy to compare him to them.

And if I went a little further, Irving and LeBron as a tandem kinda reminds of me of the Jordan-Pippen duo. In this case, leadership is switched, but the roles are similar (LeBron is the anti-Pippen who's the leader, defender, and triple-double/triple threat; Kyrie is the anti-Jordan who's the dynamite scorer, isolation threat, and ice-in-his-veins/I'm-gonna-kill-you-and-you-can't-do-shit-about-it threat).

But maybe it's simply this: Kyrie Irving reminds me of Kyrie Irving. And the only one at that ;).
Very accurate

I used to think kyrie was a modern Isiah Thomas, but really hes evolving into micro kobe. Thats his mentality and thats who he aspires to be. Hes not the defender kobe is (although kobes always been overrated in that way) but hes the continuation of the mamba mentality

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."