• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Kyrie Irving

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuck

Hustling on the inside
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Read Old Thread Here

From Jason Lloyd:
---

INDIANAPOLIS: Kyrie Irving will have an MRI on his ailing left knee Wednesday after he injured it in the third quarter of Tuesday's 91-76 loss to the Indiana Pacers. He was cleared to return to the court, but Irving said he felt a "pop" in the knee and it still felt weak even after he in the fourth quarter.

"I thought the worst had happened," Irving said. "My left knee is pretty weak right now. I was falling all over the place. I didn't have my legs under me."

Irving was driving to the rim when he slipped and fell on the court. He stood up and walked gingerly toward the bench, then sat on the court, then laid on his back as the Cavs medical staff attended to him. He was helped to the locker room without putting much weight on the knee, but was able to return.

"I'm still hoping that there's nothing wrong, just something slight, if anything at all," Irving said. "Just hoping for the best."

Irving’s injury history is long and well-documented. He missed 15 games his rookie season and 23 games last year with various injuries and ailments. He said recently his goal for this season was to play in all 82 games.

The Cavs are presently engaged in trade talks with the Los Angeles Lakers for Pau Gasol, a league source confirmed. A long-term injury to Irving could change the direction of the franchise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Popping sounds are always really bad things.

From Jason Lloyd:
---

INDIANAPOLIS: Kyrie Irving will have an MRI on his ailing left knee Wednesday after he injured it in the third quarter of Tuesday's 91-76 loss to the Indiana Pacers. He was cleared to return to the court, but Irving said he felt a "pop" in the knee and it still felt weak even after he in the fourth quarter.

"I thought the worst had happened," Irving said. "My left knee is pretty weak right now. I was falling all over the place. I didn't have my legs under me."

Unsure-Larry-David.gif

Didn't Rondo come back in the game after messing his knee up last year?

perhaps the pending MRI should be added to the thread title?

Let's hope the new year brings the Cavs and KI the long end of the stick for a change.

M2-tank-england.gif

Sooo, this has to be going thru the brass's mind while we wait on the MRI

Does anyone expect the news to come out tomorrow that it's minor and he'll just miss a few games?

Anyone?

He said he heard a pop but he was also able to play the rest of the game. He didn't looks the same when he came back out so I think this may be a situation where he may have to miss some time if not for a real injury, for precautionary reasons. He needs to be healthy for the most important part of the season…the all star game.

I don't think it is an ACL, when I tore mine, i felt the pop. was on the ground for 6 minutes, then checked back in to give it ago. I could only go another 4 minutes without realizing something was completely off (adrenaline and numbness carried me that 4 minutes) -- He came back and played a good amount of time, landed on it.. it was ginger but i dont think its torn. It might be his meniscus, which a repair takes a couple months to come back and a shave takes about a week to three... shaving it will make his knees like Eric Snows towards the last 5 years of his career... so that isnt good. I had mine shaved and its bone on bone for the most part, i have to wear a Bynum like knee brace when I play now.

I sprained my MCL last ski season and it reminded me of the reaction KI gave. There was a loud pop involved and I thought I blew my knee out. Went back to skiing but something just did not feel right. Saw a doctor, who initially said my knee was fine (ala the trainers) and then an MRI revealed differently.

I thought it was my ACL but it turned out to be a grade 2 sprain of my MCL.

Rehabbed for 12 weeks and no worse for wear.

I am clearly not a professional athlete but I'm just pointing out that in my experience, a pop was a pretty serious sprain to a ligament. Even so, it didn't require surgery.

Hopefully that is worst case (MCL).

Regardless how this turns out, I'm sure Irving will be held out a few weeks at minimum.

I feel really bad for Kyrie. He distributed the ball much better in this game and the team had a really balanced scoring sheet. The Cavs looked like team until Kyrie injured himself. The basketball Gods should have rewarded him instead of dishing out this injury.

Re: Kyrie Irving Part 2 (Waiting on MRI Results)

The longer it takes for us to hear about his knee the worse off its going to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."