• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Larry Sanders Show anyone?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mhi

From the thrill of victory To the agony of defeat
Reaction score
Apparently he's been banished from the team by Kidd.

Bucks coach Jason Kidd said Larry Sanders is out due to “personal reasons” and there is no timetable for his return.

Kidd said Sanders is not taking part in any team activities.

I asked for details: Kidd said, “It’s just personal. There’s nothing I can give you more. That’s the way the question will be answered.”

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....ersonal-reasons-with-no-timetable-for-return/

It would take a hell lot of cap gymnastics to get it done by the deadline (due to AV extention) and the team would probably need to establish an entire psychiatrist dept. Personally, I would be against it but I can see this trade going down for Haywood's contract this offseason.

No way do I see the Cavaliers trading for him.

1) It'd be very difficult to match salaries.

2) He has a horrible contract.

3) His current team is paying him to be away from the team right now.

4) It will likely get to the point where they'll cut him Josh Smith-style. Nobody will claim him, and the Cavaliers - if they choose - will have the ability to sign him as a free agent to a much more modest deal.

While I don't want Larry Sanders, I do think people need to come to terms with the fact that he is the "type" of big that Haywood contract will land in the off-season.

NBA teams don't trade or essentially "give away" product wart free bigs for salary cap relief, which is all the Haywood contract and a pick will provide.

Every team needs them, and you can never have enough of them when it comes to productive bigs.

When I see people talk about landing a big in the offseason it seems like there is going to be alot of disappointment around here when people realize the level of quality we can realistically land to fill the center spot.

Reactions: mhi
Sign me up for Larry Sanders and Ivan Johnson. Those are two guys we could realistically haul in here that would bring some toughness and nastiness this team desperately needs.

We're a bunch of hand models right now.

Sanders has mental problems....

Why are we even considering bringing in a team cancer into a locker room that has already had so many issues historically?

Fuck that..

Wright, Biyombo, Mozgov, anyone... But this guy can go fuck himself.

While I don't want Larry Sanders, I do think people need to come to terms with the fact that he is the "type" of big that Haywood contract will land in the off-season.

NBA teams don't trade or essentially "give away" product wart free bigs for salary cap relief, which is all the Haywood contract and a pick will provide.

When I see people talk about landing a big in the offseason it seems like there is going to be alot of disappointment around here when people realize the level of quality we can realistically land to fill the center spot.

Bingo, I saw a lot of Hibbert, Gasol, etc when we traded for Haywood's deal but that caliber ain't coming through that door. It'll be the Javale, Sanders, Lopez type of deals that will be realistically available.

Why are we even considering bringing in a team cancer into a locker room that has already had so many issues historically?

Fuck that..

I'd be down with Biyombo, he's way more stout than Sanders, probably has 20+ pounds on him.

Biyombo and Johnson: infusion of toughness.

The league is constantly in flux like this, what's the next obsession gonna be?

Everybody became so fascinated by small ball; that centers are once again prized players.

They've always been to a certain extent, size is irreplaceable.

What I'm getting at is that no team is just going to cough up these players.

What we're realistically willing to put out there; Sanders and McGee are what's attainable

__________________________________________________________________________________

I think getting into the next tier of centers: Wright/Mozgov/Koufos is going to require one of Dion or the Memphis pick.

From what McMenamin was saying on Mike and Mike; we're not willing to surrender those quality of assets at this time. Obviously if our situation becomes desperate; we might alter our stance, right now we're waiting for the trade deadline.

I don't know what Biyombo's value is. I don't think teams are desperate to just give a guy like him away. Larry Sanders and JeVale McGee: they're desperate to give them away.

Anyone have a clue what Biz' value is? If you have a shot blocker making under 5 million, it's amazing how valuable those guys can be.

Fuck that..

Thank you...

It never ceases to amaze me that people continue to bring this guy up on this board. You want to see things go from bad to worse with this team? Bring in a guy making $11 million who is currently being paid to stay away from his team.

Dude's a fucking head case, non-existent on offense, and is honestly not that great a rebounder for his size, either. Is all of that worth it just to get a block or two a game?

Fuck. No.

Much cheaper, much less volatile options out there.

Anyone have a clue what Biz' value is?

Just my opinion, but I seriously doubt they move anyone not named Lance Stephenson with the trade deadline still so far away. If they still look like bottom dwellers by mid-February, then maybe. But that team is in desperate need of scoring, regardless. My bet is that it would take Dion.

I think getting into the next tier of centers: Wright/Mozgov/Koufos/Biyombo is going to require one of Dion or the Memphis pick.

The problem with those guys (and McGee really) is that they can't anchor a D. They would be the bandaid to the gunshot wound that's our defense. We need Chandler, Hibbert, Howard type of anchoring if we're to have the top10 defense needed to win a chip.

No thank you. Sanders is pretty much a head case.

I'd take Sanders for free using Haywood's contract but I wouldn't use anymore assets.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."