• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

LeBron Drops from 3rd fav player to 6th

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ClevelandOwnz

NBA Starter
Reaction score
Funny thing... he dropped before he left Cleveland. I can only imagine where he stands now.

NEW YORK -- Tiger Woods has dropped into a tie with Kobe Bryant as the favorite American sports star.

Woods had held the position alone since 2006, but the Los Angeles Lakers guard moved up from fourth last year to grab a share of the top spot, Harris Interactive said Tuesday.

LeBron James dropped from third to sixth in the company's survey of 2,227 adults conducted online June 14-21, before he left Cleveland to sign with Miami. Retired NBA star Michael Jordan fell from second to seventh.

Yankees captain Derek Jeter moved up one spot to third and quarterback Brett Favre went from ninth to fourth. Indianapolis quarterback Peyton Manning was fifth, up from seventh.

New England quarterback Tom Brady, who failed to make the top 10 last year, was at No. 8, followed by New Orleans quarterback Drew Brees and NASCAR's Dale Earnhardt Jr.

NASCAR's Jeff Gordon and St. Louis first baseman Albert Pujols dropped out of the top 10.

Among female athletes, sisters Serena and Venus Williams were 1-2, followed by race car driver Danica Patrick, retired soccer star Mia Hamm and tennis stars Maria Sharapova and Anna Kournikova.

Volleyball player Misty May-Treanor was tied for seventh with gymnast Shawn Johnson; basketball player Lisa Leslie was ninth; and retired tennis players Billie Jean King and Martina Navratilova were tied for 10th.

Dropping out of the top 10 were basketball's Candace Parker, golfer Annika Sorenstam, former tennis star Chris Evert and figure skater Michelle Kwan.

I got word from someone close with Lebron that he's really had second thoughts, privately, about how everything rolled out, and even his decision to leave the team. The guy I talked to seemed to indeed express his opinion that he may eventually look to find his way back here at some point before his contract is even up in Miami. Just something I heard yesterday, actually...

He really doesn't believe that the final chapter has been written with him and the Cavaliers.

I thought he took his talent to south beach-That is the craziest post I have ever read.

I got word from someone close with Lebron that he's really had second thoughts, privately, about how everything rolled out, and even his decision to leave the team. The guy I talked to seemed to indeed express his opinion that he may eventually look to find his way back here at some point before his contract is even up in Miami. Just something I heard yesterday, actually...

He really doesn't believe that the final chapter has been written with him and the Cavaliers.

He should have thought about that months ago. I don't buy stock in that rumor, though I do believe he is probably second guessing himself privately on how he handled the entire process. How couldn't he? He also probably feels that any apology/thank-you to the fans here at this point is pointless - and he is 100% right.

If he thinks he can stage some great "homecoming" later in his career to try and smooth things over with his hometown, he is dead wrong.

Just can't see Dan Gilbert doing anything but telling LeBron to fuck off back to south beach if he asked to come back.

Some things are bigger than basketball, like showing a spoiled brat he can't treat people like shit.

ROFL. I don't know what else to say about that.

I hope he does realize what his actions meant and I hope it burns him up inside because there is really nothing he can do to change things now. However I don't think it bothers him that much. I think he probably feels kinda bad and wishes he handled it differently but I don't think it really bothers him.

Of course he's having second thoughts and having buyers remorse. He just made the biggest decision of his life. He turned his back on his hometown team. You just don't get past that. Once things start moving down there he'll be fine.

There's no basketball being played and all he has is listening to people talk about what he did. And how awful it was. This is just a rough time for him.

FWIW, and i know it ain't worth much, i've always thought that too...weird...course, i thought he would re-sign with the cavs, so my "beliefs" ain't worth a whole helluva lot!:chuckles::chuckles:

I can't wait to see Pat Riley's letter when LeBron leaves him in the lurch with no warning. :D

That's nice to hear. Unfortunately, it's likely for all the wrong reasons. He is likely upset about the backlash and reception his "decision" has received across the board. He doesn't regret his decision because he understands the pain he caused or because he realizes how good he had it here in a town that worshipped him. He regrets the choice because of the hit his rep took... the damage to his brand. I'm not sure how I would even feel about him coming back...

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."