• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Lebron James dies on Louie

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Squared

Don't just stare at it..
Reaction score
Anyone else see this on Louie last night? I thought it was hilarious.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MN5xuxtlU6U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I love Louie's dream sequences. There's been other ones with bizarre news reports too. The garbage men dream sequence from a couple weeks made me laugh out loud harder than anything I'd seen since probably The Hangover in theater.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/B0g3q_4kZnU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The last two episodes were very surreal though. It was very difficult to tell what the hell was happening and what wasn't. The young Louie and his wife bit was extremely hard to parse out, especially considering that the wife looked nothing like his ex.

I love Louie's dream sequences. There's been other ones with bizarre news reports too. The garbage men dream sequence from a couple weeks made me laugh out loud harder than anything I'd seen since probably The Hangover in theater.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/B0g3q_4kZnU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The last two episodes were very surreal though. It was very difficult to tell what the hell was happening and what wasn't. The young Louie and his wife bit was extremely hard to parse out, especially considering that the wife looked nothing like his ex.

Yeah I don't understand why they wouldn't cast a woman with a similar skin tone to play his ex. The guy who played louie was perfect. His voice was spot on.

I've never got the genetics of louie and his ex having those kids

I've never got the genetics of louie and his ex having those kids

Nothing to get. Louie is a bad ass and liked that actress and said "why can't I cast her as my wife" He had a difference voice actress oplay his wife in S1 and then when it was time to cast her for appearances in S2 just liked that actress. It's a fictional show no matter what ethnicity actress his wife played, it would be a fictional construct so why adhere to rules of continuity that he feels are irrelevant

He's also had multiple actresses play his mother and had his brother in the show s1 and then nothing until s4.

Love everything about that show and how he does it.

Louie's real ex wife is actually of the skin tone of that actress. And his kids are of his skin tone and at least one is a redhead.

Why they casted a non black woman as Louie's flashback wife can only be explained by the fact that maybe he was supposed to have been married twice?

The show is fantastic. Lucky Louie was fantastic as well. It's no wonder why it's nominated for awards, the guy is a genius.

The show is fantastic. Lucky Louie was fantastic as well. It's no wonder why it's nominated for awards, the guy is a genius.

One of my issues with the show is that he always shows himself as not funny. It's cool to see him struggling, but why would you always be the straight man, when you are really the funniest guy around. He is a part of this world gone mad, but it is like he is always there shaking his head. He doesn't think anything is funny in the show. Pretty depressing.

Yeah I don't understand why they wouldn't cast a woman with a similar skin tone to play his ex. The guy who played louie was perfect. His voice was spot on.

The guy sounded a lot like Seth Rogen to me.

The guy sounded a lot like Seth Rogen to me.
Yeah his laugh sounded more like Rogen than Louie. His mannerisms and the pace at which he talked were very similar to Louie though.

Louie's real ex wife is actually of the skin tone of that actress. And his kids are of his skin tone and at least one is a redhead.

Why they casted a non black woman as Louie's flashback wife can only be explained by the fact that maybe he was supposed to have been married twice?

Based on his first season commentary this seems unlikely. Louie just doesn't give a fuck about continuity because he can tell effective stories without it. The first couple seasons especially, this was basically a sketch show with Louie in every sketch. Now the stories are getting longer just because that's what he wants to do. I wouldn't put too much investment in the continuity because I don't think Louie does.

At first he wasn't even sure if he'd ever cast his ex-wife, saying that the hand in the first season (clearly white) divorce scene might be the closest we get. Then she became a black woman, because he felt like it I presume. This isn't the only error like this on the show. He had the same actress play his mother in "God" and his date in "Bully." And the way his mom is presented as understanding and level headed in "God" completely contradicts the way she acts in the episode where she's a crazy new lesbian. He's just telling stories the way he wants to and casts people based on fit for characters within those stories. He has said that he drops entire characters/storylines if they can't get the right casting, so it's really just about getting each story right as he goes.

EDIT- It is possible that because he's doing longer storylines he's changed his mind and wants to make a more coherent story, but I think it's unlikely having two people play his ex-wife means he has two ex-wives.

Last edited:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."