1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.
  3. Please select the "Splash-Mobile" style if ads are breaking your tablet/phone's browser. You can find the style chooser on the bottom left of the website. - Ben

London mayor meets with NFL officials to discuss a team in Olympic Stadium

Discussion in 'Browns Talk' started by Pyro, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Pyro

Pyro Banned

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/...-in-talks-with-nfl-for-olympic-stadium-tenant

Let's do it.

2. NtG

NtG El CampeĆ³n

No. That would be the dumbest thing ever. Nobody would want to play there.

EDIT: Thought this was about getting a team there, either way it is stupid to play games there.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
    2 people like this.
  3. polska2211

polska2211 heady

The NFL should put a team in England the day that the EPL allows MLS teams to qualify for their league.

4. Biw

Biw The One Who Knocks

There's obviously a demand for it over there. Why not? I think it would be kind of cool actually. Great for the fans overseas.

5. Aussie

Aussie Sixth Man

The Browns to Australia

Get it done Jimmy

6. A Squared

A Squared Don't just stare at it..

Then they should have their own league. We didn't ask for Manchester United to play over here when soccer started getting big in the US.

7. Pyro

Pyro Banned

It is about getting a team there. I see a lot of people saying it's stupid because "nobody would want to play there" or "nobody would show up" but you've all been proven wrong time and time again with record attendance, etc.

8. SauDogg

SauDogg Sixth Man

Instead of having a team over there, they should just have a match up over there every other week or so.

9. cavsfan1985

cavsfan1985 ^ kind of a big deal!

Why, just move a team there, that's the same as playing there every other week. I wonder if you would need 2 though. Otherwise what a shitty travel schdule.

10. Shakalu M.D.

Shakalu M.D. Its Happening!!!!

Seriously, even when they have to play division opponents the travel time would blow. The logistics would be a nightmare.

1 person likes this.
  11. The Oi

The Oi Or Also Schtick

Out of curiosity...whats the general opinion of Americans in Britain? I know we generally like them and I get the impression that they embrace our culture.

12. 440

440 In the Rotation

They think we are all fat, eat mcdonalds all day everyday, and wear cowboy boots. We think they sit around with the queen eating crumpets, sipping on tea, and never brushing their teeth.

2 people like this.
  13. Biw

Biw The One Who Knocks

I don't get the "this is ours and you can't have any" attitude, but OK. It wouldn't make a difference to you as a fan.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  14. A Squared

Did you forget how bad it hurt when the Browns got moved to Baltimore?

Put yourself in the shoes of a die hard fan who lives within 50 miles of his favorite teams stadium and has season tickets. Now imagine how bad it would suck to have your team moved out of the country where it would cost about $2000+ to travel their and back including the price of a hotel room.

15. Biw

Biw The One Who Knocks

I never said anything about moving a team over there. I'm talking about playing a few games over there a year(different teams each time). As a Browns fan, I wouldn't wish any city to lose their home team(maybe Shittsburgh). Even losing teams.

16. A Squared

I was commenting on the part of the article that was talking about the olympic stadium needing a full time tenant and I thought you were commenting on that also.

I don't mind teams playing games over there every once in a while but if the English are such big fans of American football then they should make their own league and we can play them in the preseason.

2 people like this.
  17. warddj86

warddj86 Let's try to double wins

GTFO, especially since the Steelers were huge opponents of the move to Baltimore. If any team would move, and I say the same thing about when it comes up with LA or San Antonio, it would be the Jaguars. Honestly, I don't think the players would care about it as much as you think. They would get paid millions of pounds (which are actually worth more than USD) and would be in the US during 8 road games (plus playoffs) and the bye. For the US, it would be huge because it would bring even more notoriety and money to the NFL. For London, they would have another billion dollar industry that would help bring people from other parts of England down to see an American Football game. My question would be: how would you rearrange the divisions? Here's how I think the NFL divisions will shape up to be by 2020:

AFC North
    Cleveland Browns
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Cincinnati Bengals
    Baltimore Ravens

AFC West
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Oakland Raiders
    Denver Broncos
    Los Angeles Chargers

AFC East
    New England Patriots
    New York Jets
    Buffalo Bills
    London Jaguars

AFC South
    Indianapolis Colts
    Tennessee Titans
    Houston Texans
    Miami Dolphins

NFC South
    Carolina Panthers
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    New Orleans Saints
    Atlanta Falcons

NFC North
    Chicago Bears
    Detroit Lions
    Green Bay Packers
    Minnesota Vikings

NFC West
    St. Louis Rams
    Arizona Cardinals
    Seattle Seahawks
    San Francisco 49ers

NFC East
    Philadelphia Eagles
    New York Giants
    Dallas Cowboys
    Washington Redskins

San Diego's fans are becoming porous and Jacksonville never sells out. Those two would be the first two to move.

18. Biw

Biw The One Who Knocks

I guess I should have put a chuckling smiley next to Shittsburgh... It was a joke, Jesus. I don't even have a rabid hate for the Steelers like most Browns fans(they have a well run organization). I just think its funny to take shots at Pittsburgh anytime I can work them in(never thought I'd have to defend any of them...On a Cavs site no less). I wouldn't want any current team to move overseas.

2 people like this.
  19. warddj86

warddj86 Let's try to double wins

It's all good man. I know that this shall happen from time to time. But yeah, I do see Jacksonville relocating by the end of the decade.

2 people like this.
  20. MattyFos.

MattyFos. Ballplayer

The weekly traveling would put teams at a huge disadvantage. They could do like three parts of scheduling... Play 4 away games in the states.. then 8 home games in London where the US team is coming off of a bye, then finish the season in the US with 4 more away games.