• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Low Content Kitchen Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FiveThous

All-Star
Reaction score
Howdy RCF, looking to channel the minds of the cooks on this board.

My roommate of a few years is moving in with his gf and therefore he's taking his supplies with him. I am in need of some pots and frying pans.

I'm looking for decent stuff that's going to last so I'm willing to spend up to $50 on these but would prefer around $30.

I'm looking at this sautee/frying pan: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000GWG0T2...olid=370LTOZPJ05T1&coliid=IX5C37RJUIQW2&psc=1

I'm looking for recommendations on a cast iron Dutch Oven, a roaster for chickens/turkeys, a 4-6 inch non stick pan (eggs) and 10 quart pot (spaghetti or deep frying type stuff).

Recommend away, informative likes will be dished out for helpful advice.

I don't know about all of that other shit, but the only non-stick skillet I ever got that lasted was from a restaurant supply store. Are you in Cleveland? Dean's Supply I think on Prospect has something that will work for you in that price range. If not, get something from a place that sells to restaurants.

Dean Supply is a great place. It's not exactly the apple store when you walk in, but you can get awesome drink glasses, margarita glasses, martini glasses, all of that stuff for dirt cheap at Deans.

One thing I consider as a must have in the kitchen is a garlic press. Fuck mincing garlic with a knife, or a blender. Pop the cloves in, close the handle, out shoots the tiny pieces of garlic that are perfect to saute.

I'm actually in Raleigh, but there is a restaurant supply store here.

You could do all that or ... you could ask ur girlfriend to move in with u and ask her to get her pots and pans.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."