• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

MAC Football 2013 Predictions

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who Will Win the MAC in 2013?

• NIU

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • OU

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • BG

• KSU

• BSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toledo

• WMU

• Buffalo

• Miami

• Akron, UMass, EMU, or CMU

• Total voters

Steve_424

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
MAC Championship - Northern Illinois over Ohio
Bowl-Bound - Northern Illinois, Ohio, Bowling Green, Toledo, Ball State, Kent State
MAC POY - Jordan Lynch

Being an Akron alum, I'm going to throw in a side note on the Zips - I like the direction this team is headed. I think they could surprise with 5-6 wins, but 4 is more realistic. I expect them to be back in contention for the MAC Title and in a Bowl game in 2014.

The Zips have A LOT of transfers coming in:

This Season:

QB Nick Hirschman (Colorado)
DT C.J. James (Colorado State)
DL Nordly Capi (Colorado State)
OT Moses McCray (Florida State)
OL Henry Orelus (Florida State)
OL Joe McNamara (Wisconsin)
OL Justin Virbitsky (Pittsburgh)

Next Season (So Far):

DL Se'Von Pittman (Ohio State)
DL Cory James (Colorado State)

Pittman in particular should be a huge difference-maker on defense.

FYI on BG; I honestly don think our defense will be nearly as good as last year with Chris Jones graduating. Unless Schilz, who I did to be incompetent at QB, improves, I think this team is more 6-7 wins then 9-10.

I expect NIU to win it again and KSU to have a decent drop off. Whatever the over/under is for Akron on wins, I'm taking the over.

Sidenote: what is the kent state fan forum?

I expect NIU to win it again and KSU to have a decent drop off. Whatever the over/under is for Akron on wins, I'm taking the over.

Sidenote: what is the kent state fan forum?

I don't really know. I honestly only know of zipsnation.org and bobcatattack.com in the MAC.

I see Kent falling down quite a bit, they won't reach a bowl game this year.

NI and Ohio should be the fav on both sides to reach the champ game.

I am fan of Akron as well, but I just don't see them winning more than 1 or 2 games. They will be horrific on defense again and offensively they really don't have any play makers, but the spread can surprise people. Then again, it only took a couple games of game tape for everybody figure out the Zips last year.

The Colorado State transfer for next year hasn't been confirmed, but Pittman should be a good addition if he gets his act straightened out. It's time to get some impact recruits in, something Bowden hasn't done yet. (Not counting that PA QB commit until he is on campus.)

I see Kent falling down quite a bit, they won't reach a bowl game this year.

NI and Ohio should be the fav on both sides to reach the champ game.

I am fan of Akron as well, but I just don't see them winning more than 1 or 2 games. They will be horrific on defense again and offensively they really don't have any play makers, but the spread can surprise people. Then again, it only took a couple games of game tape for everybody figure out the Zips last year.

The Colorado State transfer for next year hasn't been confirmed, but Pittman should be a good addition if he gets his act straightened out. It's time to get some impact recruits in, something Bowden hasn't done yet. (Not counting that PA QB commit until he is on campus.)

My biggest worry on the team is the defensive backfield, more specifically the corners. We just lost our #2 corner for stealing a $400 bong smdh, and I wasnt a fan of our other guy last year. I think the front 7 will be very nice. These transfers and grayshirts have given us something that was a glaring hole last year, and that's depth. I really think we are stacked at LB. I dont know about superior talent or anything, but once again, a lot of guys that can play.

Offense should be fine. The only WR we lost was Marquelo Soeul. And while he may have been our best, we have brought in some pretty talented receivers. Pohl will be better than Williams. Book it.

What really killed the team last year was lack of depth. They were competitive in most games, until the end when players were gassed/banged up, and had nobody with talent to take their place. Bowden has done a great job addressing that this off season. Even after the spring game, it was very apparent we would be in big trouble if Pohl were to get hurt. Our backups WERE NOT D1 football players. So, Bowden went out and found a very smart transfer who was competing for the job at Colorado.

Despite the program beating 1 D-1 opponent in the past 3 years, I think Bowden has done a great job with the players he has brought in. I think we will see 4-5 wins this year, including bringing home the Wagon Wheel. Keep in mind, I'm making this prediction with one of, if not the toughest conference schedule in the MAC.

Doubtful he plays this year, but BG picked up William Houston recently, and was added to the 105. We have a very, very big hole at running back with Samuels leaving, if he gets to play this year he could fill that void, especially at the goal line where we really struggled to punch it in last year.

With fall camp underway, I expect us to come out of Non-Mac play knowing who our QB is. Really, really short leash with Schilz.

Defense is supposed to be adjusting well.

The Ol took a big hit losing our LT who just went home...

Doubtful he plays this year, but BG picked up William Houston recently, and was added to the 105. We have a very, very big hole at running back with Samuels leaving, if he gets to play this year he could fill that void, especially at the goal line where we really struggled to punch it in last year.

With fall camp underway, I expect us to come out of Non-Mac play knowing who our QB is. Really, really short leash with Schilz.

Defense is supposed to be adjusting well.

The Ol took a big hit losing our LT who just went home...

Short leash? Two series and Schilz gets benched. Thank god.

Houston with three TDs. Goal line machine.

well deserved, IMO. They look good

I know, but it was little over the top. Louisville looked like a title contender today. Ohio U is not a bad team, by any means.

Very surprised NIU has looked so bad early on...a lot of time left though

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."