• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Mass Effect 3

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marcus

I Agree, Go Cavs
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread for this game already, and I know it's not due out til 3/6/2012, but I haven't been this legitimately excited for a title in years. There's literally thousands of different variables from the first two games that can affect the outcome of this game, and BioWare has also said that it's possible for their to be an ultimately bad ending, meaning the galaxy falls to the Reapers instead of being saved.

There's going to be 5 or 6 original squadmates returning from both ME and ME2, but there's supposed to be less squad members overall this time around to focus on deeper relationships and such.

Copied and pasted from the ME3 Wiki -

The following characters will appear in some capacity in Mass Effect 3, provided they survived the events of Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2.[12]

David Anderson 1
Kelly Chambers [15]
EDI [16]
Jack [17]
Captain Kirrahe [18]
Thane Krios [14]
Miranda Lawson [19]
Legion

The Illusive Man
Zaeed Massani [14]
Jeff "Joker" Moreau [20]
Mordin Solus
Jacob Taylor [19]
Donnel Udina
Conrad Verner [21]
Urdnot Wrex

If you haven't played the Arrival DLC for ME2 I would recommend it, as it is a direct prequel to ME3.

Anyone else excited for this one? I know I'm not the only Mass Effect fan here.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wb0CwoONOrc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm really excited about this, I was one of the lucky guys who got ME2 early from a store that doesn't have qualms about releasing games early (C&C Games in Bowling Green). Unfortunately I'm not there anymore so if they do get it early I'm out of luck without a road trip. I really loved the first two games and will probably replay them soon to refresh my memory.

Bioware is awesome, they make the best games. I'm actually applying for a job with them that I'm fully qualified for, I really hope I land an interview. I doubt it though since they probably get about a million applications.

I'm really excited about this, I was one of the lucky guys who got ME2 early from a store that doesn't have qualms about releasing games early (C&C Games in Bowling Green). Unfortunately I'm not there anymore so if they do get it early I'm out of luck without a road trip. I really loved the first two games and will probably replay them soon to refresh my memory.

Bioware is awesome, they make the best games. I'm actually applying for a job with them that I'm fully qualified for, I really hope I land an interview. I doubt it though since they probably get about a million applications.

Amen to that, I honestly feel like they're second to none when it comes to the RPG department, although that's probably considering I was never crazy about Fallout or Morrowind, either. But they just keep getting better and better, and I feel like the Mass Effect series is probably their crowning achievement -- high praise considering these are the same guys behind games such as KOTOR, Jade Empire, and Dragon Age. Those games all use the same system, but they each feel like such a different experience.

What position are you applying for, if you don't mind me asking?

Real excited for this game! I FINALLY beat ME2 with everyone surviving after my fourth playthrough. I need to get the Arrival eventually.

Amen to that, I honestly feel like they're second to none when it comes to the RPG department, although that's probably considering I was never crazy about Fallout or Morrowind, either. But they just keep getting better and better, and I feel like the Mass Effect series is probably their crowning achievement -- high praise considering these are the same guys behind games such as KOTOR, Jade Empire, and Dragon Age. Those games all use the same system, but they each feel like such a different experience.

What position are you applying for, if you don't mind me asking?

They have a writing position open. I have to get my portfolio together and they requested a specialized module that I'm working on while I'm on vacation.

They have a writing position open. I have to get my portfolio together and they requested a specialized module that I'm working on while I'm on vacation.

Where does one come across these sorts of opportunities? Or did you just hear about it online or something?

Where does one come across these sorts of opportunities? Or did you just hear about it online or something?

I'm a recent college grad so I've been doing a lot of job hunting. After playing one of the older Bioware games on a whim (Jade Empire) I decided to see if they had any available jobs. I found them on their website.

As geeky as it sounds, I'm probably going to get the N7 Collector's Edition as well, if for nothing more than the extra in-game content it will come with. Here's a list of the features from BioWare's website:

Get the ultimate Mass Effect 3 experience with the N7 Collector’s Edition! This exclusive and limited package includes:

Premium metal case featuring commemorative artwork of Commander Shepard.
70-page hardbound art book featuring hundreds of unique and gorgeous illustrations from the BioWare development team.
Limited edition Mass Effect comic by Dark Horse Comics, complete with unique cover artwork.
Join the ranks of the N7 with the premium fabric N7 patch.
Exclusive 4x6 lithographic print featuring a one-of-a-kind piece of artwork.
A full collection of in-game content that can’t be found anywhere else!
N7 Arsenal Pack – Bring the firepower with the N7 Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, SMG, and Pistol.
Robotic Dog – A faithful sidekick to keep you company on board the Normandy.
Squadmate Alternate Outfit Pack – New appearances for your favorite squad members.
N7 Hoodie – For Commander Shepard’s casual days on board the Normandy.
Relive all the greatest moments of Mass Effect 3 with the digital soundtrack.
Xbox LIVE Normandy prop for your Avatar. (Available on Xbox 360 version only.)
Display your initiation in the N7 ranks with a collection of forum and social badges, avatars, and perks.

There's supposedly a bonus mission that comes with it, as well.

As geeky as it sounds, I'm probably going to get the N7 Collector's Edition as well, if for nothing more than the extra in-game content it will come with. Here's a list of the features from BioWare's website:

Get the ultimate Mass Effect 3 experience with the N7 Collector’s Edition! This exclusive and limited package includes:

Premium metal case featuring commemorative artwork of Commander Shepard.
70-page hardbound art book featuring hundreds of unique and gorgeous illustrations from the BioWare development team.
Limited edition Mass Effect comic by Dark Horse Comics, complete with unique cover artwork.
Join the ranks of the N7 with the premium fabric N7 patch.
Exclusive 4x6 lithographic print featuring a one-of-a-kind piece of artwork.
A full collection of in-game content that can’t be found anywhere else!
N7 Arsenal Pack – Bring the firepower with the N7 Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, SMG, and Pistol.
Robotic Dog – A faithful sidekick to keep you company on board the Normandy.
Squadmate Alternate Outfit Pack – New appearances for your favorite squad members.
N7 Hoodie – For Commander Shepard’s casual days on board the Normandy.
Relive all the greatest moments of Mass Effect 3 with the digital soundtrack.
Xbox LIVE Normandy prop for your Avatar. (Available on Xbox 360 version only.)
Display your initiation in the N7 ranks with a collection of forum and social badges, avatars, and perks.

There's supposedly a bonus mission that comes with it, as well.

So it's the collectors edition for 80 bux then? Yeah already got it pre-ordered. Have the CE of the first 2. At least ME2's collectors gave you the Cerebus Network for free. Not sure if the regular edition did or not.

Oh well

So it's the collectors edition for 80 bux then? Yeah already got it pre-ordered. Have the CE of the first 2. At least ME2's collectors gave you the Cerebus Network for free. Not sure if the regular edition did or not.

Oh well
You got the Cerberus Network for free with any edition. I would have gotten the CE for ME2 but Best Buy was out.

That list looks great. Hopefully it's not too expensive.

You got the Cerberus Network for free with any edition. I would have gotten the CE for ME2 but Best Buy was out.

That list looks great. Hopefully it's not too expensive.

Like I said, $79.99. Same price as the Gears 3 Collector's Edition.

Like I said, $79.99. Same price as the Gears 3 Collector's Edition.

For those that haven't picked up Gears 3 I find it to be the best thus far. So fluid on line, no lag and just polished overall as a game, probably the most polished on release day in recent memory.

I hope the extra time that ME 3 got on the pushback to March (since it was initially announced for holiday 2011) shows the same benefits/polish that Gears 3 got from the push back of the release date (both games were pushed back about 5-6months)

That trailer looks amazing. The only thing that bothers me is that I tend to be a perfectionist when I play a game like Mass Effect, where I want everyone to survive. I'll have to play Mass Effect 1 and 2 again just to remember everything. I know on mass effect 2 everyone but Kelly Chambers survived, which is annoying because she has a role in the ME 3 too. Looks like I know what i'll be doing for the next few weeks.

That trailer looks amazing. The only thing that bothers me is that I tend to be a perfectionist when I play a game like Mass Effect, where I want everyone to survive. I'll have to play Mass Effect 1 and 2 again just to remember everything. I know on mass effect 2 everyone but Kelly Chambers survived, which is annoying because she has a role in the ME 3 too. Looks like I know what i'll be doing for the next few weeks.

Me too. I just went back and completed a playthrough where everyone survived and I'm only missing three achievements. One of them is related to the Kasumi DLC, as I never got it, and the other two are combining the biotic effects on 20 different enemies and beating the game on Insanity. That's 59 out of 62 achievements... wow. I love games like this though because there's so many different branches you can take and your choices have tangible consequences. I've only really played as a Vanguard thus far, and it's proven to be a tough, reliable class with a good mix of biotic and soldier abilities (such as the use of a wide array of weapons and the use of powers such as Shockwave and Charge). I often use Incendiary Ammo with it, as well.

Anyways, I'm thinking about trying out a new type of character class. Any recommendations? I've considered maybe trying out the Infiltrator. What do you guys use?

Me too. I just went back and completed a playthrough where everyone survived and I'm only missing three achievements. One of them is related to the Kasumi DLC, as I never got it, and the other two are combining the biotic effects on 20 different enemies and beating the game on Insanity. That's 59 out of 62 achievements... wow. I love games like this though because there's so many different branches you can take and your choices have tangible consequences. I've only really played as a Vanguard thus far, and it's proven to be a tough, reliable class with a good mix of biotic and soldier abilities (such as the use of a wide array of weapons and the use of powers such as Shockwave and Charge). I often use Incendiary Ammo with it, as well.

Anyways, I'm thinking about trying out a new type of character class. Any recommendations? I've considered maybe trying out the Infiltrator. What do you guys use?

I like the adpet gameplay (it's really really hard on insanity, even more so for you since you don't have the Kasumi dlc which has the best SMG in the game included in it)

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."