• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Miroslav Raduljica

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

gratefuldead

NBA Starter
Reaction score
http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...ected-To-Become-Free-For-Mid-January-NBA-Deal

Seven-foot center Miroslav Raduljica is expected to become available in free agency within the next one-to-two weeks depending on a buyout settlement with Shandong of the Chinese Basketball Association, sources told RealGM.

Raduljica has received interest from several NBA teams for a midseason acquisition, sources said, but no deal would take place before the Jan. 10 date for contract guarantees around the league.

In 13 games for Shandong, Raduljica averaged 17.6 points and 8.4 rebounds while shooting 56 percent from the field. Shandong has brought Earl Clark on a tryout deal and is widely expected to reach a parting agreement with Raduljica.

After being traded from the Milwaukee Bucks to the Los Angeles Clippers, Raduljica was released and had dialogue with several NBA teams before signing a guaranteed contract with Shandong. He averaged 3.8 points, 2.3 rebounds and 54 percent shooting in one season with Milwaukee.

In the Serbian national team’s silver medal run in the World Cup of Basketball over the summer, Raduljica, 26, scored 13 points and grabbed nearly five rebounds per game.

Don't know enough about his game so someone can correct me, but he is a big ass 7 ft center who is very strong. I know the Bucks liked him when he was there and may serve well as a 4th big. He has a decent postgame(based off 2 games I saw) and he is big so he can get rebounds, not sure if he is worth looking into if he could have been had earlier.

Being replaced by Earl Clark should tell you something about him...

Being replaced by Earl Clark should tell you something about him...

It shouldn't. Raduljica is legit and he looked great in FIBA WC. Was starting for Serbia while Krstic was coming off the bench.

P.S. Serbia met Brazil (ft. Andy) in FIBA and absolutely decimated them by 30 points or so.

Here is some info from 5 years ago--

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Miroslav-Raduljica-1096/

February 23, 2010

The intrigue around Raduljica has to start with the physical attributes he brings to the table. Showing excellent size for the center position, to go along with a strong frame, a solid wingspan, great hands, and decent athleticism, Raduljica passes the initial test for an NBA center. He runs the floor well, is a fairly mobile player, and is capable of getting up off his feet and finishing plays with a strong dunk, particularly when he has a moment to gather himself, even if he’s not what you would call an incredibly explosive athlete.
Raduljica is a lot more skilled than the typical 6-11 center you’ll find at the college ranks, as not only can he score facing or with his back to the basket, and is a very creative passer, but he’s also an above average ball-handler. We saw him put the ball on the floor and create his own shot on a couple of occasions, getting to the rim off a couple of dribbles and still having the body control to finish effectively. These are not easy moves to make for a player his size to make.

Defensively is where Raduljica might have the most question marks regarding his NBA potential. He gives up position too easily at times in the low post, and doesn’t always fight as hard as you might hope to keep his man off the block, possibly to avoid foul trouble. He doesn’t rotate all that well from the weak-side to protect the paint either, not being much of a shot-blocker at all due to his lack of explosiveness, and shows just average awareness, intensity and hustle on this end of the floor.

Seeing heavy minutes alongside similarly sized center Peja Samardziski, Raduljica’s lateral quickness doesn’t appear to be anything special out on the perimeter, often looking heavy footed and at times a bit disinterested, which probably will become more of an issue in today’s pick and roll heavy NBA.

Last edited:
It shouldn't. Raduljica is legit and he looked great in FIBA WC. Was starting for Serbia while Krstic was coming off the bench.

P.S. Serbia met Brazil (ft. Andy) in FIBA and absolutely decimated them by 30 points or so.

As someone who has seen a number of Miroslav's games with Milwaukee and 3 or 4 of his FIBA WC games, I can tell you that Miroslav won't give you much more than what Alex Kirk will give you. In Milwaukee, he was able to score somewhat efficiently when the ball was fed to him. The caveat to that was he gave up a lot of what he gave on defense. Average-slightly below average rebounder in the NBA from the games I saw. I don't think Miroslav is a guy we HAVE to bring in if we have Kirk coming up and down from Canton to be a bench big.

He isn't very mobile on defense. We need a big who can play help D. He can barely help himself on D.

Defensively is where Raduljica might have the most question marks regarding his NBA potential. He gives up position too easily at times in the low post, and doesn’t always fight as hard as you might hope to keep his man off the block, possibly to avoid foul trouble. He doesn’t rotate all that well from the weak-side to protect the paint either, not being much of a shot-blocker at all due to his lack of explosiveness, and shows just average awareness, intensity and hustle on this end of the floor.​

This team has no need for a big man who can't defend. They've got all the scoring and rebounding they need. Those aren't the concerns of this team going forward, it's defending the middle, something that it doesn't appear like Raduljica is capable of doing on a reliable, consistent basis.

I'd rather the team just takes a flyer on Emeka Okafor when he is healthy enough to play again, if they are going the free agent route to try and fortify the interior defense.

Free agent center Miroslav Raduljica is finalizing a guaranteed contract with the Minnesota Timberwolves for the remainder of the season, league sources told RealGM.

Raduljica, a seven-footer, had spent the past week finalizing his buyout settlement with Shandong of the Chinese Basketball Association.

Raduljica’s agent, Matt Babcock of APAA Sports Group, gauged calls around the NBA upon settling the situation in China and sought a guaranteed deal.

In 48 games as a rookie for the Milwaukee Bucks last season, Raduljica was a tremendously efficient player and averaged 3.8 points and 2.3 rebounds. He shot 54 percent from the field and 81.8 percent from the foul line.

Raduljica was traded to and waived by the Los Angeles Clippers in the offseason and returned overseas in China.

As a breakout performer of the Serbian national team’s silver medal finish in the 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup, Raduljica averaged 13 points and 4.6 rebounds over nine tournament games.

Before the FIBA world cup the guy bulked up, improved his vertical, post up game and grew a beard. Quickly he took the starter spot from Nenad Krstic and was in my view one of the best centers in the competition. Helped Serbia reach the final and played dynamic and aggressive game.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHGc_ES6F0w

He had a great tournament, I would rank his performance better than those of Marc Gasol, Nene, Splitter, Ayon, Baynes etc.

At the start of the season he had many offers from top European clubs but didn't take them because he wanted to try again in the NBA (for example: after a good FIBA tour Gustavo Ayon signed with Real Madrid and has no intention of returning to the NBA) . So he went to CBA on holidays and waited there for some good information from his agent about his second NBA chance.

Raduljica could contribute in a team desperate for a 7-footer as a 7th or 8th guy in the rotation. He can set good screens and gets open under the rim for easy dunks or at least draws a foul. On defense he is a big body and an average rim protector but not afraid to prevent an easy basket with a rough foul.

But I guess Wolves gonna go after him more, Dieng just sprained his ankle last night.

I think we should at least consider him. He may not be the defensive upgrade that we're looking for but is there any chance he could help offensively? Maybe not even himself but Love played well with big centers next to him in Minnesota. He would be an easy find near the hoop for Love if we post Love up and the center comes to help.

I think we should at least consider him. He may not be the defensive upgrade that we're looking for but is there any chance he could help offensively? Maybe not even himself but Love played well with big centers next to him in Minnesota. He would be an easy find near the hoop for Love if we post Love up and the center comes to help.

He signed with Minnesota.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."