• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

MLB - Trade Rumors and Speculation

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steve_424

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
We can discuss MLB as a whole here, with the Indians obviously being the main focus.

CBS Sportsline looked at their top 45 trade candidates.

So far the Indians have been tied to rumors involving Kevin Youkilis and Carlos Quentin. I see a lot of pitchers on the list, and wonder if the Indians might go after one of them to bolster the rotation.

Interesting proposed trade involving the Cubs by Jim Bowden on ESPN.com (Insider)

1B/OF Bryan LaHair to the Cleveland Indians for 3B Lonnie Chisenhall and RHP Nick Hagadone
[+] Enlarge
Bryan LaHairJonathan Daniel/Getty ImagesLaHair could fetch a nice return package from the Indians.

LaHair first opened eyes when he posted a .377 OBP with five doubles and two home runs after being called up from Triple-A in September. He’s continued that performance with a great start to 2012, hitting 308/.396/.582 with 10 doubles, 10 home runs and 22 RBIs. With tremendous makeup and adjustability, his performance looks legit. However, at age 29, he probably won’t be on the North Side when they’re ready to win.

This shouldn’t be viewed as a sell-high opportunity, because LaHair should be productive for the next two to three years. He’s just a late bloomer who got late opportunities in his career.

This trade offers the Indians the chance to acquire another bat if they want to keep pace with the Tigers and Chicago White Sox through the summer. Even a healthy Grady Sizemore won’t solve all their offensive woes, not if Shin-Soo Choo remains in the leadoff spot. Hitting Felipe Lopez fourth and Shelley Duncan fifth is just not going to cut it.

Last year the Indians paid a heavy price to acquire Ubaldo Jimenez, dealing prized pitching prospects and former No. 1 picks Drew Pomeranz and Alex White. Because of that, they have displayed the willingness to do what it takes to help this team get over the top. To get LaHair will require the Indians to overpay once again.

Chisenhall hasn’t lived up to his offensive or defensive potential, but in time he will become at least average at third base and come close to a .300 hitter with 40 doubles annually. When Jack Hannahan gets healthy, he’ll be back at third base because the Indians love his glove and improving bat. Thus, Chisenhall could be moved, as painful as it might be for Indians fans.

Hagadone has a great arm, and despite some control issues can miss bats. He can help the Cubs right now in the bullpen, but in the long run has the ability to return to the starting rotation just as he did when he started his pro career with the Red Sox.

With the draft beginning Monday, Epstein, Hoyer and VP of scouting Jason McLeod will start shaping the Cubs’ future. After their last selection is made, the task at hand will be to take a step backward in order to take two steps forward. Fans might not like it, but let the wheeling and dealing begin at Wrigley Field.

For some reason, it's not letting me bold or quote the article

What a fucking horrible idea that would be.

Bryan Lahair is like five years older than Chisenhall and Hagadone is crucial to this team's bullpen for the next few years after they lose Raffy Perez this offseason.

What a ridiculous idea, and shows why Jim Bowden is unemployed.

"with Felipe Lopez batting 4th..." lol

Chisenhall is hitting nicely since being called up. Not sure how long he'll be around, but with Hafner out 4-6 weeks, it's probable he will be around for a good portion of that, at the very least. b00bie can correct me!

Hagadone is a stud in the pen. I don't foresee him going anywhere.

Chiz is killing it, but he pretty much has to keep hitting given his outright refusal to take pitches and work counts.

Chiz is killing it, but he pretty much has to keep hitting given his outright refusal to take pitches and work counts.

And his inability to make an average throw from 3rd base.

What the fuck is that guy smoking?

Chiz's defense has been rocky since he has been up. He has been swingin' the lumber quite nicely though (so far).

I really like Chisenhall but I would consider trading him if we could get a power bat back or a pretty good starter. Hannahan is serviceable and Asdrubal will have to be moved to 3rd when Lindor is ready in 2 years or so anyway (if we re-sign Asdrubal again).

Why is everyone forgetting Chisenhall is one of the youngest guys on the 40 man? The dude is only 24 for god's sake.

He's 23 not 24, which helps your point even more.

LaPorta for Kemp straight up. Do it, Antonetti!!!!!!!!

LaHair is 29, a LH hitter, and only has a year and a half of solid production. You better be getting something better than him if you're dealing Chisenhall, let alone Chisenhall and Hagadone.

LaHair is 29, a LH hitter, and only has a year and a half of solid production. You better be getting something better than him if you're dealing Chisenhall, let alone Chisenhall and Hagadone.

Agreed. I'd be thinking someone like Mark Trumbo, not Chicago's left handed Matt Laporta.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."