• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Mo Williams Safari (traded to Charlotte)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.

JSS2306

NBA Starter
Reaction score
Completely delete-able thread... maybe.

The one source who broke that the Cavs were interested in Mo is also the source who broke/rambled on about the Kevin Love trade and is a well known beat reporter for the Timberwolve's whom just so happened to list Cleveland as part of a string of teams interested in Mo Williams.

Mo just so happens to fill a need.

I think I speak for many people when I say Mo Williams is an all-time favorite of Cavalier fans. He is my favorite by far.

This could very well be the real-life version of the Mighty Ducks.

We have unfinished business.

Last edited:
tumblr_liebpzbCOv1qdkf2k.gif

One of my faves as well and always hoped (assumed) he'd eventually make his way back to Cleveland.

If I thought he was going to be healthy during the playoffs, I'd think he'd be a really nice add. He's custom made for LeBron. All we'd really need from him would be 10-15 minutes whenever either/both of Kyrie or JR are off the floor and some extra shooting, creation is needed.

Would be pumped if it happened.

Safari streak ends here unless this gets locked

Yeah, as much as I get the defensive metric on Mo and the label of high vlume low efficiency shooter, I STILL would love to have him back here as 2nd PG for 12-18 minutes per game. Delly is great in certain roles and situations but he is usually an offensive non factor. His 3P% is good but its based on a very low vlume of shots.

Adding Mo to both back up Kyrie but also to play some PG while Kyrie is off the ball just adds to the versatility of the lineups we could employ come playoff time. Adding a career 38% 3P shooter like Mo is also never a bad thing for spacing and the way the game is played these days. His percentage is down this year but you have to thing some of that is a product of not seeing good looks in the Minnesota.

I know that earlier in the year we expected the Haywood contract to bring back a better player but that was before we added Shumpert, Mozgov, and Smith, all who will have significant salaries next year. And we're also almost certain that Tristan will be back next year at a much higher number. So as long as they've decided to keep everyone on the team for next year, I'm ok with trading Haywood now for a piece that could help this year.

Anyways, regardless of any rational argument against it, I am all for Mo being back on the Cavs!

He deserves to be back with this city supporting him.

It would be strange if Dallas, with Rondo, Barea, Harris, and Felton traded for Mo but I guess Felton is pretty much useless, so who knows...

Posted just to honor that legendary tweet. He tweeted that when Dallas beat the Heat in the finals.

Mo was one of my favorite all time Cavs, and he'd be great as the backup PG. Delly could be in when we really just need somebody to play pestering defense. I was talking to AMC on Twitter though, and there really isn't a whole lot we can do to get him unless we give up Joe Harris AND one of Miller, Jones, or Haywood, which won't happen.

Reactions: AMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."