1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.

Modern Warfare 3

Discussion in 'Games & Gadgets' started by jlj3184, Oct 20, 2011.

1. jlj3184

jlj3184 Gold Star Member

There's a separate thread to talk about Battlefield 3, so let's not turn this into an argument over which game is going to be better.

What are you looking forward to about this game? Anything you want to see go away/come back?

Personally, I hope this goes more of a simplistic route like CoD4. To me, that's still the best game in the series.

The few videos I've seen for MW3 look promising. I'm excited about the new "Kill Confirmed" game mode. All these random grenades/tubes/spawnahawks become nearly obsolete.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TxQzg_cKtk4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MYg_b-pw98g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/035qb_IHuZQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also, Survival looks like a lot of fun. Instead of being confined to one building and running around to find a box and spend 1k points only to pull out a Makarov, you can choose which weapon/perk/equipment you want at any of several ammo points throughout a typical multiplayer menu.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nXlNCw1feDg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oLoVJywauxo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OYnoIPzFG5E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pyro

Pyro Banned

Getting the Hardened Edition.

3. jlj3184

jlj3184 Gold Star Member

Never understood what comes in this. Can you explain? What makes it worth the extra $40?

4. elcheato

elcheato NBA Starter

I'm pretty sure you get free DLC for a year with this one. Might be other perks, but I heard that from someone else.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SauDogg

SauDogg Sixth Man

I'm done with CoD after Black Ops. It's just too boring anymore.

6. Cursed

Cursed In the Rotation

Black Ops and WaW sucked. COD4 was legit and MW3 looks like it could rival that IMO

7. Scrote Squad

Scrote Squad NBA Starter

They need to fix the spawning in this one. I couldn't even begin to count the number of times I've been killed within a second after respawning.

My other complaint would be last stand. You put someone in last stand and before you even have a chance to finish them off, their pistol is like a continuous fire from their primary weapon when they were downed.

By far my two biggest frustrations.

8. Pyro

Pyro Banned

The free DLC makes it well worth it. Get a map a month. Get Founder status and skins and emblems and titles.

Also, if you had been paying any attention jonzee330, they took Last Stand out.

• Like Like x 1
  9. elcheato

elcheato NBA Starter

They still have it in as a death streak, and that's my main beef with the series now.. These retarded death streaks.

10. Marcus

Marcus Let's go Cabs!

Treyarch has absolutely killed this series. All they care about is Nazi Zombies. I'm getting both this and BF3 for certain, but I honestly don't know if I'm going to pick up another Treyarch CoD title after the debacle that was Black Ops.

11. Pyro

Pyro Banned

A deathstreak that requires SIX deaths in a row without a kill. It's out. Don't worry. Non-factor. NON-FACTOR.

12. Scrote Squad

Scrote Squad NBA Starter

When did they take last stand out? I played B.O last night and it was still in there?? Or are you saying it has been taken out in MW3?

13. Pyro

Pyro Banned

It's been taken out of MW3. The deathstreak is a NON-FACTOR. IRRELEVANT.

14. jlj3184

jlj3184 Gold Star Member

Yes, Treyarch is hot garbage. I'm hoping Activision and whatever is left of Infinity Ward can continue to put out good products, however. Honestly, I consider them to be two almost entirely different series at this point. CoD4 was amazing, MW2 was good...WaW and Black Ops were crap. I'm a CoD lifer, but I doubt I'll buy the next Treyarch game.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Scrote Squad

Scrote Squad NBA Starter

Calm down, Corey. No need to yell.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Marcus

Marcus Let's go Cabs!

CoD4 was one of the best shooters of the last decade, period. MW2 was very good as well. WaW and Black Ops have been nothing but absolute crap. I never played CoD3 but I heard it was hot garbage as well. The thing that pisses me off (and should piss off anybody else who plays CoD) is that after all the money they make off of selling map packs, including a map pack that had nothing BUT Nazi Zombies maps, they refuse to dump any of that money into better servers or patching some of the horrid problems with their games. Instead, it's the same recycled formula over and over again with them. I wish somebody could call them out on it or there was some way to prevent them from making another title.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Pavlovic3Ball

Pavlovic3Ball BARNES BRIGADE

Definitely can't wait to play this.

Xbox Live account: SILKY J0HNS0N 6 (note: those are zeros not O's in J0HNS0N)

Hit me up if anyone interested in playing. Right now still playing Black Ops.

18. CardiacCavs

CardiacCavs A Dream of Spring

Idk I really liked Black ops and WAW and grew to dislike MW2 more and more.

:hide:

either way I already pre-ordered MW3. There really isn't anything better than a COD game to get a bunch of friends together and play online.

19. Marcus

Marcus Let's go Cabs!

I was unaware that Treyarch had reps on this site. :chuckles:

EDIT: To be fair, I enjoyed WaW for a few months, then I grew to hate it and was all too happy to trade it back for MW2. My favorite class was a Gewher-43 with a silencer, sleight of hand, and satchels (I think I may have had Dead Silence/Ninja or whatever it was called on that game). I also used a Mosin Nagant with irons only.

I rock with the semi-auto and sniper rifles on these games, but MW2 and Black Ops have been VERY disappointing in the amount that they included. MW2 really only had one semi-auto (the FAL) and I only really liked a couple of the sniper rifles on that game (the Intervention being far and away my favorite). Black Ops was disappointing in that there were very few maps that you could really snipe on. It's definitely a game geared towards run and gun and close quarters combat.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  20. Pyro

Pyro Banned

I loved WaW. Absolutely loved it. Maybe it was because of the people I played it with, or the fact I used those overpowered n00btubes, but I loved it. Black Ops, loved at the beginning, but hated as time went on.