• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Moneyball Comes to Cleveland

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Paul was previously with the Indians in the 90's.

You know, THOSE 90's.

wow. don't really care if this turns out poorly, really creative and an awesome hire. throwing outcome bias out the window here. putting smart men in a room and saying 'figure it out', i like it.

This makes me think they really want Patricia

I never stopped believing in bigfoot

but really, nice call man. Have you heard any other rumblings?

Two things, I want massive rep if this is right.

Overheard a rumor that Paul DePodesta is now working in some capacity with the Browns (starts this week). For those who do not recognize the name, he was the Assistant GM to Billy Beane during the early years (not sure length of duration) of Moneyball.

Second rumor, Johnny has yet to be cut because the Browns are trying to buy time. A few people within the organization firmly believe someone from Dallas has been in contact with Johnny..

Go back and rep the shit outta this

Such a Browns hire.

Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't.

But you have to admit that the hirings so far lend themselves to hilarity and suggest any of overthinking, over-anxiousness, or a lack of interest in the jobs.

Far more guys fail in the NFL than succeed, so background is almost irrelevant if you get that franchise QB. But here are the Browns thumbing their noses at convention.

It's perfect.

They've got a lawyer and a baseball guy running a football operation.

Let's see if we can go for the trifecta and get a tennis playing doctor in there.

Well doing it the normal way got us where we are.

They are doing the George Costanza route and doing the opposite of their natural intuition. And I like it.

Well doing it the normal way got us where we are.

They are doing the George Costanza route and doing the opposite of their natural intuition. And I like it.

Seems to me that the natural intuition of every Browns front office since Butch has been to over-think and try to go against the grain.

Hasn't worked yet. Maybe these are the guys.

Such a Browns hire.

Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't.

But you have to admit that the hirings so far lend themselves to hilarity and suggest any of overthinking, over-anxiousness, or a lack of interest in the jobs.

Far more guys fail in the NFL than succeed, so background is almost irrelevant if you get that franchise QB. But here are the Browns thumbing their noses at convention.

It's perfect.

This hire just strikes me as them wanting an analytics guy and those guys just being rare in the football world, so they had to search elsewhere.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."