• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

More "Progressive Field" Renovations Planned

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pyro

Go Cleveland!
Reaction score
http://m.indians.mlb.com/news/article/142539346

On Wednesday, the Indians revealed details of the second phase of their multi-phase renovations for the ballpark. Cleveland plans on extending the changes made in center and right field throughout the main concourse, and will be working this winter to add new concessions, constructing a new club located behind home plate and adding more elements to celebrate the team's history.

In the section behind home plate, the Indians will be building a new club, which will feature a full bar, access to the new concessions options, a customer service center and a glass front for viewing the game. The club will be available for season-ticket holders in the Diamond Box and Field Box Front sections, and will remain open after games to provide a way to let traffic clear before leaving.

The club will also help provide a better view of the field from the concourse.

"First and foremost, we're looking to open up the concourse," Miller said. "We're going to open up the concourse as much as we can behind home plate and behind third base and create the club directly behind home plate. The concept is to provide an exclusive area to those fans, as well as create more openness for fans walking in the concourse."

Miller added that there could also be additional changes coming as part of the newest phase in renovations. One thing the Indians plan on doing -- and have started to do throughout the first phase -- is upgrading the sound system throughout the ballpark. He noted that The Corner bar and Right Field District already had new systems installed last offseason.

progressivefield_zv0bkbxd_p5r88nq0.jpg

I'd be more interested in this if it opened up the possibility of more season ticket sales to come in.

Instead, these upgrades really only cater to existing Diamond Box and Field Box season ticket holders.

No pictures? Although opening up the concourses to be able to view the field is a great idea. One reason why PNC is such a great park.

I also think it's funny they're showing see-through fans. Letting everyone know that nobody really shows up to the stadium, but it's cool to see what it would look like if they did.

If you build it, they probably won't come....so go fuck yourself.

Honestly, they probably didn't post any pictures because of what happened the last time they raised expectations.

Tribe-New-Right-Field.jpg
You mean when the preliminary sketches by concept artists were not the exact way it ended up looking? So no Italian flag in CF? From folks who have actually gone to games, haven't heard anyone who doesn't like the changes. I'm sorry the upper deck in RF didn't end up a giant blue monstrosity.

I also think it's funny they're showing see-through fans. Letting everyone know that nobody really shows up to the stadium, but it's cool to see what it would look like if they did.

If you build it, they probably won't come....so go fuck yourself.
Ghosts of Seasons Past...

-00ed4fba1dc14039.jpeg

Odd, Cleveland.com has a pic that the blog doesn't. More ghost fans, including what may be a fan in a Browns jersey. Can't want for the complaining when the chairs end up not looking the same. At least they tempered the fans' expectations by not leading them to expect glowing ceilings.

You mean when the preliminary sketches by concept artists were not the exact way it ended up looking? So no Italian flag in CF? From folks who have actually gone to games, haven't heard anyone who doesn't like the changes. I'm sorry the upper deck in RF didn't end up a giant blue monstrosity.
Sorry to insult you, Mr. Shapiro. You're right. The concrete shipping containers look sooooooo much better than the "giant blue monstrosity." By the way, that's the City of Cleveland's flag.

Yes those sketches that should have never been released. The RF is terrible. Not sure how anyone can defend that mess. They look like shipping containers, and the sections aren't even usable.

Last edited:
Honestly, they probably didn't post any pictures because of what happened the last time they raised expectations.

Tribe-New-Right-Field.jpg
Why did the media not ask about the change in plans. That picture looks so much better then what they did in the upper deck. Are they going to change theupper deck? I would hope they would realize it looks awkward at best right now. I have listened to out of town announcers on the Mlb app and 4 different crews said it looked poor.

I work in marketing (and of course not even close to the level of an MLB team). When you release the proof of an upcoming project, you make sure it's exactly what you plan to do. You don't just throw out a wild sketch to the public.

There is much more that they didn't do than have a blue upper deck. The sketch shows tables, glass railing, and various other opportunities to spend time at a game. It's actually somewhat embarrassing to go see what they put instead. The giant blocks are extremely out of place and scream that they ran out of time due to the weather last winter.

Giving a sarcastic comment about an artist is a lazy attempt to argue.

I work in marketing (and of course not even close to the level of an MLB team). When you release the proof of an upcoming project, you make sure it's exactly what you plan to do. You don't just throw out a wild sketch to the public.

There is much more that they didn't do than have a blue upper deck. The sketch shows tables, glass railing, and various other opportunities to spend time at a game. It's actually somewhat embarrassing to go see what they put instead. The giant blocks are extremely out of place and scream that they ran out of time due to the weather last winter.

Giving a sarcastic comment about an artist is a lazy attempt to argue.
I never understood why the media never asked about the final product in the upper deck. Hopefully they will make changes in the off season. I am sure they know they can't leave it as is.

For the life of me, I don't understand why the Indians didn't do something like this instead of the shipping containers in RF. Coors Field has "The Rooftop" and it's a bar/restaurant and people actually go up there and use the amenities-- quite popular.
CAM00190.jpg

rt2.JPG

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."