• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

My country disgusts me

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RaptorFan

Basketbaaaaaaaaaalll
Reaction score
http://www.mississauga.com/news/article/1317471--canada-doesn-t-want-autistic-boy

A man employed by a Mississauga company will be deported from Canada with his family because of the potential health care and social services costs associated with their 12-year-old autistic son.
For Sungsoo Kim, who has lived in Hamilton with his family for nine years, being rejected for permanent residency is devastating. He came to Canada on a student permit and has remained here on work permits.
Kim is working as the IT help assistant administrator for Pattison Outdoor Advertising at its Mississauga headquarters. His work permit expires in July.
Daughter Lisa, 17, and son Taehoon, 12, were 8 and 3, respectively, when the family arrived in Canada. Taehoon was diagnosed with autism in 2005 or 2006, his father says.
Officials informed Kim in January that he doesn’t meet Canada’s immigration requirements because Taehoon “is a person whose health condition, autism, might reasonably be expected to cause excessive demand on health or social services.”

More in link

just try living in the US where healthcare costs cause more bankruptcies than anything else.

just try living in the US where healthcare costs cause more bankruptcies than anything else.

no joke, I was reading a paper that there are companies that sponsor the conservative party of Canada (mostly banks) that want to adopt the US healthcare system and the arguments they use is the success of the US economy in the late 50s. Now the conservative party just won a majority government that makes them a popular country just because they spread the bullshit that our economy is booming because of them, not because we are destroying the province of alberta's landscape to help drill out oil sands to sell to the world. this transition is making me sick

Yes, the government choosing who can and can't be treated is a much better system than having care available to everyone who pays for it.

Yes, the government choosing who can and can't be treated is a much better system than having care available to everyone who pays for it.

I feel where you're going but Canada and Australia both have private hospitals. I know quite a few Australians that only utilize private institutions, but they're expensive.

What we should have isn't public hospitals but a public insurance option. It could be publicly run but entirely privately owned like the Netherlands.

I feel where you're going but Canada and Australia both have private hospitals. I know quite a few Australians that only utilize private institutions, but they're expensive.

What we should have isn't public hospitals but a public insurance option. It could be publicly run but entirely privately owned like the Netherlands.

damn you gourimoko i read some of your posts and want to kill you, and read others and think youre awesome. my thought on healthcare is it has to start somewhere. i dont think 'obamacare' is a legit end game choice, however i do think it is a fantastic middle game, that ultimately pushes everyone to a public option.

my co-worker actually has an interesting idea is basically you get some many free public doctors visits a year (where as a referral is not considered multiple visits). After you go over that number of visits the price falls on yourself to pay, or conversely you can always do a private doctor. this keeps people from abusing the system but at the same time keeps options open to everyone.

my co-worker actually has an interesting idea is basically you get some many free public doctors visits a year (where as a referral is not considered multiple visits). After you go over that number of visits the price falls on yourself to pay, or conversely you can always do a private doctor. this keeps people from abusing the system but at the same time keeps options open to everyone.

Sooo what do you do if some one has Crohn's disease? Sometimes they need more doctor care ect?

Yes but they are deporting this guy who has been a productive member of the society because his son was diagnosed after he had lived in the country.

This is why you don't rely on your government or politicians. They will all fuck you over when it becomes beneficial.

australia's minimum wage is 15.66$ an hour.

australia's minimum wage is 15.66$ an hour.

That's irrelevant, it's not about how much money you make, but more of long term money decisions and majority of people aren't good with those.

This however does not surprise me, and if he's a bigger cost to the country to keep him there than what he contributes then it only makes sense to do what they did. Yeah it's sad his kid is sick but hey that's life and there's a whole a lot of people who don't have that type of opportunity in the first place so he should be thankful just being able to live in Canada for time being, many are not so fortunate. While we're at it, US should do the same to those that came to this country and are leeching off welfare system, there's a lot of them.

& I'm think I'm being reasonable, I am someone who did come to this country & am still struggling with things but quit bitching first world countries do a lot of good taking on immigrants & should be looked upon in that light, alot of them do try to exploit the system & I'm sure that affects authority's judgement when it's time to make a decision like this but it should still be respected and understood that not every decision is based on what you may find to be morally right.

Also, healthcare shouldn't be looked at as something you're automatically entitled to, I'm all for private healthcare system we have in US and I don't like the idea of Obamacare or any type of universal health care.

That's irrelevant, it's not about how much money you make, but more of long term money decisions and majority of people aren't good with those.

This however does not surprise me, and if he's a bigger cost to the country to keep him there than what he contributes then it only makes sense to do what they did. Yeah it's sad his kid is sick but hey that's life and there's a whole a lot of people who don't have that type of opportunity in the first place so he should be thankful just being able to live in Canada for time being, many are not so fortunate. While we're at it, US should do the same to those that came to this country and are leeching off welfare system, there's a lot of them.

& I'm think I'm being reasonable, I am someone who did come to this country & am still struggling with things but quit bitching first world countries do a lot of good taking on immigrants & should be looked upon in that light, alot of them do try to exploit the system & I'm sure that affects authority's judgement when it's time to make a decision like this but it should still be respected and understood that not every decision is based on what you may find to be morally right.

Also, healthcare shouldn't be looked at as something you're automatically entitled to, I'm all for private healthcare system we have in US and I don't like the idea of Obamacare or any type of universal health care.

I don't feel I'm entitled to healthcare, but I feel I should be able to purchase it. Just because I have spina bifida does that mean I should be blocked from buying my own plan of health coverage? Do you think the current system we are under where I am forced onto Medicaid and am only permitted to make 400 dollars a month makes sense?

You speak the truth, my Spam loving friend. A public option that is privately owned, but publicly regulated can work as competition to the private insurance companies that, as of right now, have little to no reason to innovate, operate more efficiently, and/or lower their premiums. If the public option is smartly regulated and keeps its costs down, it can act as competition to existing insurance companies. Don't like that your premiums went up this year? Just pick the public option instead. Private companies will have no choice but to compete when they start losing "customers." It is simple economics really... More competition = more innovation, lower prices for the consumer, and more efficient firms. Couple this public option with some much needed Medical Malpractice regulation reform, and we can really put a dent into the healthcare cost issue and its effect on the middle class.

The annoying thing is that Obama already essentially offered this idea and it somehow turned into the current "Obamacare" plan.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."