• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Narcos (Netflix Original)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Binkster

A Five Star Man
Reaction score
Is anyone else watching Narcos on Netflix? It's a Pablo Escobar biopic recently released for streaming.

I'm only a few episodes in but I am blown away. Highly entertaining, highly addictive (no pun intended).

Interested to see if this catches on like HOC did (it should).

Was really waiting on this one to come out for awhile now. I'm not too far into it yet, but from what I've seen... it's well worth the wait. Netflix has really raised the bar when it comes to original programming.

Yes, as I've stated in the new television show thread. It's worth watching. It's a combination of Blow meets Goodfellas. I've only seen two episodes thus far, but I'm very impressed.

The pace and flow is really good. Curious to see if it continues to do well. I don't want to watch it all at once, I'm not a binge watcher like some are. I'll continue watching more next week.

Yes, as I've stated in the new television show thread. It's worth watching. It's a combination of Blow meets Goodfellas. I've only seen two episodes thus far, but I'm very impressed.

The pace and flow is really good. Curious to see if it continues to do well. I don't want to watch it all at once, I'm not a binge watcher like some are. I'll continue watching more next week.
For some reason couldn't find the TV show thread - I must be blind. Nevertheless, hopefully enough people are tuning in to warrant its own discussion.

Don't remember being this enthralled this quickly with a new show (on ep. 3).

For some reason couldn't find the TV show thread - I must be blind. Nevertheless hopefully enough people are tuning in to warrant its own discussion.

Don't remember being this enthralled this quickly with a show (on ep. 3).

Nah, it's cool. I think it's worth having its own thread. After all, Game of Thrones (I just started watching it), and True Detective have their own thread.

Anyone that has Netflix should watch it. I was skeptical how good it'd be, and was up in the air whether I'd watch it or not. I was kinda waiting for some reviews on it to decide. Heard mostly good things, so I went ahead and said why not.

Sure glad I did, the first two episodes were just incredible. I don't want watch it too fast, because I know I'll be bummed after I'm done, because I get the feeling I'm going to like it that much.

That's how I felt about True Detective (first season)... There are a lot of good shows out there right now, but I don't feel there are many great ones, at the moment. At least in my opinion, but this show might be a great one.

Nah, it's cool. I think it's worth having its own thread. After all, Game of Thrones (I just started watching it), and True Detective have their own thread.

Anyone that has Netflix should watch it. I was skeptical how good it'd be, and was up in the air whether I'd watch it or not. I was kinda waiting for some reviews on it to decide. Heard mostly good things, so I went ahead and said why not.

Sure glad I did, the first two episodes were just incredible. I don't want watch it too fast, because I know I'll be bummed after I'm done, because I get the feeling I'm going to like it that much.

That's how I felt about True Detective (first season)... There are a lot of good shows out there right now, but I don't feel there are many great ones, at the moment. At least in my opinion, but this show might be a great one.
Completely agree on all counts. The perfect amount of action without meaningless gore or killing. Always connected to the storyline.

The crazy/scary part is how much of the murder portrayed is historically accurate.

Loving it so far (the show, not real life murder).

Last edited:
Completely agree on all accounts. The perfect amount of action without meaningless gore or killing. Always connected to the storyline.

The crazy/scary part is how much of the murder portrayed is historically accurate.

Loving it so far (the show, not real life murder).

How they smuggle all that stuff in here, crazy stuff. I've obviously I heard of Pablo Escobar, but didn't have a great following about his criminal career. Just knew he was the top drug smuggler, but didn't realize how ruthless and much power the dude was.

Funny they couldn't even money launder all of their profits they were doing so well. They had to literally start burying money. :chuckle:

I thought this was called Medellin?? :chuckle:

Edit:
Okay now that I watched this first episode I really like it. I can see myself getting hooked easily.

Last edited:
Weren't they profiting a half million a day? for four years?

You appreciate how utterly insane that is?

He had to write off10%of his cash every year because rats would chew it up. he bought his way into Congress with less than a days pay.

800 homes.

How they smuggle all that stuff in here, crazy stuff. I've obviously I heard of Pablo Escobar, but didn't have a great following about his criminal career. Just knew he was the top drug smuggler, but didn't realize how ruthless and much power the dude was.

Funny they couldn't even money launder all of their profits they were doing so well. They had to literally start burying money. :chuckle:

I'd been looking for a new show to watch. Thanks guys! I'll post in here once I get started; sounds like a fantastic watch.

Weren't they profiting a half million a day? for four years?

You appreciate how utterly insane that is?

He had to write off10%of his cash every year because rats would chew it up. he bought his way into Congress with less than a days pay.

800 homes.
They were making money twice as fast as they could launder it. So they buried it underground, literally. Insane.

Pablo Escobar was rated the 7th richest man in the world when he was alive. His net worth was 25 billion.

It's funny, they didn't care he killed so many people. The money is what got everyone's attention.

Bump. Need someone else to watch this and converse. I'm on episode 5 and it's really heating up.

I got to start watching more. Good to know it's still staying strong though!

I've finished all but the final episode... And holy shit is it about to go down in the finale.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."