1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.
  3. Please select the "Splash-Mobile" style if ads are breaking your tablet/phone's browser.

NBA 2k12: RCF League Season 8

Discussion in 'Games & Gadgets' started by RchfldCavRaised, Nov 12, 2011.

1. RchfldCavRaised

RchfldCavRaised Season of Dreams

Welp...

Guess its about that time to start rounding up the ole crew.

With this next weeks developments, we SHOULD have a good idea of whether we are going to have the rookies included in 2k before Christmas or not. If the players start the decert process next week, then we might as well get started with the current roster.

Either way, it looks to be a brand new season for RCF2k.

The new online league will include ALL teams and allow CPU controlled teams to be involved, so we need to start discussion on what will work for that.

Im bouncing around other folks leagues right now, trying to get a feel for what works.

Has anyone else joined any online leagues? What is working?

Most importantly, I miss all my children.

I feel like a father who's youngest and most difficult child, 3 da Hardway, has finally moved out and moved in with his girlfriend and only stops by the house to pick through the fridge and eat our leftovers when he knows I am at work.

I always knew my responsible sons, ChrisRich, Malc, Goosey would go off to school and get a little ass and act like they were the kings of their campuses. I was only hoping they would follow in the footsteps of their older brothers Mike and Sixth who got their degrees and got real jobs... send their father postcards every once in awhile...

You all leave me no choice but to summons you all back to the Rchfield Manor, for routine beatings and to reestablish my paternal dominance.

By weeks end, we should have the framework for RCF2k League 8 agreed to.

Gametime children

Updated Teams 11/26

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
    4 people like this.
  2. kookoo

kookoo A year later

Down.

1 person likes this.
  3. cdt

cdt Oh My God! Staff Member

Sign...

Why don't we pick teams and add rookies later? Or use a roster from another 2ker?

1 person likes this.
  4. RchfldCavRaised

Have you seen any leagues using custom rosters?

And does anyone know when the NBA2k site will be live?

5. cdt

No and knowing 2k they should be up sometime before 2k14 is out .

1 person likes this.
  6. G00seY3

G00seY3 Haden Nation

Leggo

1 person likes this.
  7. RchfldCavRaised

I would love trying to go with regular rosters... (no fantasy draft) and realigning teams so that we are all in the same division. Maybe having some strict trade restrictions, that allow us to trade with the CPU as well as with other RCF2k owners.

Maybe, all of us have to select teams through 10-20 or something like that, and run the teams like GMs to make them better.

With the ability to have CPU in our league, we would never have to worry about guys quitting and not getting games in.

Just throwing some shit at the wall.

What do you guys think?

8. RchfldCavRaised

Let's start by everyone making sure we are all added to each others XBOX Gamertags

RchfieldCavRaised = jojojr125

Ill make a list in the original post and keep adding there.

By Friday, lets have some rules set and go from there

9. chrisrich91

chrisrich91 Rising Back Up

ChrisRich91

Haven't played this game outside of MyPlayer yet, so I'm gonna need to start warming up.

1 person likes this.
  10. kookoo

kookoo A year later

kookoo=kunaal23

1 person likes this.
  11. cdt

easybreezy26

1 person likes this.
  12. G00seY3

G00seY3 Haden Nation

BigB0b007

1 person likes this.
  13. Jezzar

Jezzar Your own Euroleague Guru

I'm down.

Tag: JezzFueg0

1 person likes this.
  14. Bob_The_Cat

Bob_The_Cat Sixth Man

When are you planning on getting this started? I don't have the game yet, but I've been planning on getting it. Might influence my decision.

1 person likes this.
  15. Clevelandfan15

Clevelandfan15 Sports Guru

16. chrisrich91

chrisrich91 Rising Back Up

On my way home for Thanksgiving break...depending on what you're doing for the holiday, might be a good week for us to lay the plan out for this, Rch.

1 person likes this.
  17. RchfldCavRaised

Im here and I'll be expecting family to make the 500 mile drive down here to the rolling hills of Tennessee, so I wont be on the road this Thanksgiving.

I've been doing some OP research, and one of the main things I was waiting for was for 2k to make Online Association active on their website. We dont need it, but it would be cool if we had it or had some assurance that any league we started would still be compatible with the website once they make that section active.

Bouncing around leagues, guys are playing on Default... ALOT. 4-5 leagues I joined and dropped from, have been on Pro difficulty with 8 mins Qtrs with default sliders.

There has been such an adjustment to the defensive side of the ball, that guys are instead turning down the D. I dont want to, just letting it be known.

There are alot more leagues that are running with full leagues and CPU running half the teams. I wouldnt mind doing this, and having a rating salary cap to restrict guys from raping the cpu GMs. Along with a majority approval on trades.

I originally said that we should all put user teams in one or two divisions, but I no longer agree with that. We should just adjust schedules so that each human user plays each of the other human users at least 3-4 times a season. Depending on how many teams we have and how many players.

I havent done a fantasy draft yet, all the leagues I have joined have been active already when I jumped in. However, I didnt want to jump in any league that was fantasy drafted already either, and we have to take that into consideration. We may have RCF guys who are willing to jump in throughout the season and take over a team who was previously CPU controlled. Guys would be more willing to do that if they had solid teams.

The AI of the game has been altered enough, where its possible we dont have to enforce any PIP or One player scoring rules. I'll leave that up to everyone else though. Ive been cheesed online, but its always with guys playing wings like LeBron or Durant at PG and run and gunning.

I reached out to Ben, and he just got back to me and said that he will display ADs for our league on the site this year. I'll make a small donation in the leagues name again, but he didnt ask for one. I think thats pretty cool. 8 seasons in, seems like we are here to stay.

I threw alot out there, what do you guys think?

1 person likes this.
  18. RchfldCavRaised

This is a crazy time right now, with semester coming to an end for my wife and I. Definitely wouldnt be this week, but maybe that first or second week of Dec??? I think that is the last week for classes down here anyway.

19. cdt

1st or 2nd week sounds good, and the aforementioned does as well...

When can we pick teams?

2 people like this.
  20. RchfldCavRaised

What should we base the available teams on?

I think they should be middle of the road rated teams. Like 10 - 20 something...