1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.
  3. Please select the "Splash-Mobile" style if ads are breaking your tablet/phone's browser. You can find the style chooser on the bottom left of the website. - Ben

NBA 2K13

Discussion in 'Games & Gadgets' started by Walter White, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Walter White

Walter White Preview Team

There needs to be a thread on the greatest game ever. Apparently there are a lot of exciting new features that will eventually be revealed. They have already revealed there will be an All Star Weekend (dunk contest and all). I'm sure we will know more after the whole E3 thing is finished.

[video=youtube;YE-LDQa1Tdo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE-LDQa1Tdo[/video]

1 person likes this.
  2. Real Deal

Real Deal NBA Starter

There better be Crew Mode online. That's all I care for in this game, fuck the offline features.

1 person likes this.
  3. Walter White

I used to play only online ranked quick matches, and occasionally team up, but I started playing online associations and its really fun if you find an active league. I'm 3/4 through year 2 of the one I am in. I won the ring my first year and K mart was MVP, all nba and all defenisve 1st team and Lowry was DPOY and defesive 1st team. Through trades and free agents my team is now Lowry, Kmart, Ariza, Josh Smith and Hibbert with McGee Henderson Budinger Morrow and Villanueva on the bench. So it would be awesome if the All Star Weekend was apart of the online associations.

4. Mdog1

Mdog1 NBA Starter

If they don't massively ugrade MyPlayer I won't be buying this most likely. I hate playing on HOF and scoring 60ppg with a player ranked 50 overall. Also on my rookie game that can help or hurt your draft stock I put up insane numbers and get drafted 10th, forced a trade to Toronto, and then forced a trade to Cleveland. I just straight up wanted to be drafted by the Cavs, they traded TT for me anyways.

Our team was pretty sweet Kyrie/Derozan/Me/Ed Davis/Andy. Picked 6th drafted some created C, AV came in off the bench, our team got the 7th seed, swept the Heat and then won the championship. Then I stopped playing. I had accomplished almost every milestone, so why bother.

5. Rob

Rob Best of the Land

All-Star weekend would be awesome in associations. I've had these discussions with people in my OA before. Being able to control a player of yours in the all-star game in a team-up type game with everyone else in the OA would be so much fun.

1 person likes this.
  6. 3 Da Hard Way

3 Da Hard Way Columbus Goat

2k has sucked last 2 years

i don't give a damn about myplayer & all star weekend. fix the fucking gameplay

6 people like this.
  7. Rob

Rob Best of the Land

Remove power and spin dunks and 2K becomes the GOAT of sports games

8. CardiacCavs

CardiacCavs A Dream of Spring

Hopefully there is some sort of online featuring my players.

Crew games from 2k11 were crazy glitched though. If you could ever find a game you would be playing against 7 foot 5 point guards who had hacked their way to uncapped 99's in every stat who would just shoot 3's over you and swish it every time. Wasn't very much fun really.

1 person likes this.
  9. NtG

NtG El CampeĆ³n

2k11 was great IMO, but 2k12 just sucks. You hit the pass button and then they start this really long motion and it takes them like 2 seconds to pass the ball, playing D on 3 pointers is damn near impossible. The game is OK when you play user vs. user, but the cpu flat out cheats, and since their servers are awful, you are almost forced to play vs. the cpu. I was in an OA and it was really fun when people would play their games, but sucked when games got simulated because people wouldn't come online. Also, dribbling moves were really unresponsive

10. Walter White

2k12 is head and shoulders better than 2k11. Everything you said in here I have never experienced. Passing has always been fine, and I can defend the 3 pretty well. And Online Associatons are really fun when its full and active.

1 person likes this.
  11. Beanie

Beanie Towel Waver

The All Star Weekend will be playable in the My Player mode I believe.

12. Triumph36

Triumph36 All-Star

guitar hero dunk contest

lmao

not buying this because i don't really play video games anymore but i'll probably gamefly it for a month.

13. Sw33tL0u

Sw33tL0u Situational Stopper

Passing needs to be fixed...broken passing controls lead to some downright silly passes and literally FORCE you to use the Icon Passing.

Also I find 2k12 infuriating to try and play with the horizontal Press Box camera that is the default. Defense and isomotion are a total pain in the ass with this camera and it virtually makes the game unplayable using the default camera, unless you want to get destroyed online.

I know I can play the game with the other camera....but I should be able to play the game with the default camera, the way it was meant to be played.

Plus with the rear camera fastbreaks and points off turnovers can be a pain in the ass as the camera swings around.

1 person likes this.
  14. ichsnjb

ichsnjb Swagaliers

They need to have better roster updates. I don't even like using their updates anymore.
    And bring TNT into the game.

15. Walter White

[​IMG]

Official cover.

16. Stark

Stark Keeping the Faith

Love it.

17. Mdog1

Mdog1 NBA Starter

It's like they don't even try any more with these covers. Since 2K11 they've used the same colour schemes (and even used Jordan on 2K12 smh).

2 people like this.
  18. Ohdang

Ohdang Ohdang

I recently started playing 2K12 again, what with my renewed desire for basketball now that the draft is almost here. Its a pretty good game, but I agree with the passing problems and the computer cheating.

In madden I can play with the sliders and the coaching options and make the games realistic, challenging, and when I lose a game its not because the computer did some ridiculous shit that pissed me off.

In 2K12 its either I blow the computer out by 40 every game or every 4th quarter they steal every post entry pass and drain every contested turn around fadeaway three they chuck at the rim. I can't seem to find a decent setup that makes the games enjoyable. I tend to end them either dissapointed at the lack of challenge or pissed at the blatant cheating. Its why I quit playing in the first place and only recently gave it another chance.

I play on PC and I downloaded some custom files and tweaks that made the problems less annoynig, but its still not fun half of the games I play. If 2K13 suffers from the same fate, its the last one I'm buying. Madden sucks balls at the default settings, but it can be fixed with some research and some trial and error to get to your personal taste. I want that from 2K if they can't make the game work on the default settings - at least give me the chance to do it myself.

19. JDeezy

JDeezy NBA Starter

2k10 is where it's at mang

1 person likes this.
  20. CavsRules

CavsRules Get Boobied'

The Miami Heat are overrated beyond belief in 2k12. Tired of playing any type of team up or online play and seeing how poorly unrealistic the game goes with that team.

Their online association also needs a big upgrade. Lots of bugs and glitches, but I guess it's expected for a first time thing. Hoping it's a lot better this go around.

They've got a lot to fix but, I'll likely buy the game because NBA Live 13 isn't expected to come out until January. I'll probably buy both and compare which is better.. Then ship the other one out.