• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

NBA Rank 2014

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nathan S

33 is the new 23
Reaction score
ESPN's starting their annual NBA Rank series, and it's always fun to angrily disagree with...er...have nice, thought-provoking conversations about their rankings of current and former Cavs players.

Here's a list of some familiar names that have come up so far. I'll try to keep it updated (and let me know if I miss anyone):

493: Arinze Onuaku, a tragically undersized center who was solid for the Charge last year.

487: Dwight Powell, a tall human who tries to play basketball.

486: Alex Kirk, (see: Dwight Powell)

475: Jorge Gutierrez, a PG for the Charge who snagged a contract with the Nets late last year

464: Donald Sloan, a key cog in the tanks of 2011-12 and 2012-13.

463: Malcolm Thomas, a PF who's had valuable benchwarming experience in San Antonio, Golden State, Chicago, and Utah before bouncing our way this summer.

460: Andrew Bynum, a man with very little cartilage in his knees, and even less grey matter in his skull.

454: Joe Harris, the 33rd pick in the 2014 draft who will presumably spend the season taking notes on Mike Miller.

443: Carrick Felix, not as good at basketball as his ripped physique would suggest.

429: Erik Murphy, another guy we got in the Jazz trade. Played for Finland in the world cup and absolutely beasted it (not really).

407: Henry Sims, tall, alive, and therefore on an NBA roster by default. I'm tempted to say that maybe we could use him with our lack of depth at center, but I'll wait to see what other moves we make first.

406: Shannon Brown, a reminder of what kind of players we had around LeBron back then.

402: Antawn Jamison, who is apparently looking for one last contract. Let's get the band back together? No, let's not.

Last edited:
What is almost interesting so far is our one 7 feet undrafted rookie stiff is ranked 1 ahead of our 2nd round drafted rookie stiff.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."