• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

NBA Stat Muse: Holy Crap, This Looks Awesome

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

theSTEREO.

The second of his name.
Reaction score
Have you guys seen this new stat tool called StatMuse? They just released the beta the other day and it's super cool. Getting passed all around Twitter. One of the WFNY guys and Zach Lowe retweeted it this morning.

Check it out here:

http://statm.us/b1WvtDXHYr

Basically it's an advanced search tool for all stats and shot charts that you can narrow down your search just by natural language questions or statements. Like you can ask it "When was the last time somebody averaged 26ppg and 12rpg?" or "Lebron 2nd quarter points on the road" and it knows your search and finds it.

There's a Vimeo video on the page, but apparently I can't embed it here.

Check it out and sign up for the beta. Looks like it's gonna be really cool.

That could be extremely useful for me. Will make research for game previews much faster.

Very cool tool. Statxactly what I needed.

Holy crap, that is revolutionary...

1:43 Never realized Kevin Love never shoots more than 12 feet out on the R side of the court. Like, NEVER.

EDIT- How long does it take the beta key to get to you?

Last edited:
nope, I don't have a beta key

So no one is actually in, then? Just watching the cool YouTube demo?

So no one is actually in, then? Just watching the cool YouTube demo?
As far as a I know, yeah. They just sent out a small number of beta keys. I'm hoping they ramp it up soon. I really wanna play around with this thing.

Sometimes Im truly amazed by how far technology has come...

Sometimes Im truly amazed by how far technology has come...

I'm also impressed by the willingness of fans to find tools that will allow them to dig deeper to learn more about the game. At least around here. I'm going to kill so much time with this thing once I get a key.

Got my beta key!! This thing is really cool.

ScreenShot2014-12-22at112641PM_zps0c09e032.png

I got my Beta and it sure does need some work

for instance. I asked who averaged who averaged more than 10 fga per game and even after sorting it didnt show Irving and others. He did show up when i entered it as more than 15 fga per game

I got my Beta and it sure does need some work

for instance. I asked who averaged who averaged more than 10 fga per game and even after sorting it didnt show Irving and others. He did show up when i entered it as more than 15 fga per game

It's a beta after all.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."