• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Need a Job???

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coyote850

NBA Starter
Reaction score
The company I work for is having a job fair. Thursday, Feb 27th from 7am-4:30pm. Medina County Fair Grounds, Community Center Building. We are looking for Machine operators and tow motor (fork lift) drivers. Machine Operators start at $12/hr. We have full medical/dental and 401k benefits. Bring a Resume if possible.
I've worked at Plastipak for 25 years. We make various kinds of plastic bottles. Its a factory job, hot in the summer, somewhat cold in the winter. Is it a "great" place to work, no. But if you can pass a drug test and are willing to work the hours you can make good money. Mechanical skills are helpful but not necessary, common sense is must. We have openings mainly on 2nd and 3rd shifts, and offer shift premiums for those shifts. In 6 months you could be up around $13/hr.

Any questions feel free to drop me a PM. If you can't make it to the job fair you can still put in an application at our building : 850 West Smith rd, Medina Oh.

Last edited:
I work right down the street from you.

Very nice. Goes to show there are plenty of jobs available everywhere and right in Ohio. It's hard to believe so many are on welfare.... or drugs or both. My company is constantly hiring, so instead of starting a new thread... if you have experience in construction, and live in Central Ohio somewhere, .. let me know if interested. But like the OP, you MUST be drug-free or please don't bother or waste our time.

Just a heads up. My company is still hiring. Openings on 2nd and 3rd shifts. Starting pay is around $12.

Job Fair: Friday June 26th, 8am-3pm. Sat June 27th, 8am-1pm. Hiring Machine Operators for 2nd and 3rd shifts. Starting around $12/hr.
$12.25 at 3 months and $12.50 at 6 months if meeting expectations, plus shift premium.

Plastipak pkg. 850 West Smith rd. Medina, Ohio.

Did not want to open a new thread for this but did anyone read about the NY Times article on Amazons crazy work culture ?

Article: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/16/t...stling-big-ideas-in-a-bruising-workplace.html

They have always had issues with workers rights and how they erode away the work-life balance. I really dont know how people can work this way And what scares me more is if more companies start adopting this cut throat methodology.

Did not want to open a new thread for this but did anyone read about the NY Times article on Amazons crazy work culture ?

Article: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/16/t...stling-big-ideas-in-a-bruising-workplace.html

They have always had issues with workers rights and how they erode away the work-life balance. I really dont know how people can work this way And what scares me more is if more companies start adopting this cut throat methodology.

Workers are free to work wherever they want. Amazon is no exception. There are some awesome things that Amazon does for workers and some non-awesome things. There's also some bias from (mostly) speaking to ex-workers about a high-growth company that they no longer work for. I liked the article, but I don't think this is going to make waves.

Workers are free to work wherever they want. Amazon is no exception. There are some awesome things that Amazon does for workers and some non-awesome things. There's also some bias from (mostly) speaking to ex-workers about a high-growth company that they no longer work for. I liked the article, but I don't think this is going to make waves.

If AMAZON is doing amazing things for their workers then I dont think they are doing a great job of communicating it. I dont think most of what is in the article is mostly bias - Mostly because I have a friend and cousin who can attest to some of this - The Bell curve and the intense competition and back biting along with the crazy hours that you need to put in. Infact my cousin could not even get a few days off for the birth of his baby boy.

The fact that they are able to do this in the US where the worker laws are more protective than a third world country is what shocks me. Also, The fact that it is done by a well respected company is also shocking me. But what scares is the thought - What if this becomes the new norm ? What if all companies get inspired by this and start getting more intense. Should IT people start forming unions ?

Amazon fired an employee because of their diagnosis with thyroid cancer and chose to keep paramedics and an ambulance on hand at their PA fulfillment center rather than pay for an AC (they did get an AC eventually after a local PA paper ran the the story).
These are well known occurrences and they did nothing to harm to Amazons sales, a 6000 word article establishing that they are in fact dicks all the way through wont hurt their sales one bit.

I have many friends who work(ed) for Amazon and Starbucks. Amazon has very high turnover because they just burn people out. If you work in their logistics department you can look forward to no vacation or any meaningful time off after Halloween. You can also enjoy working from home during your three day Christmas break. The place is filled with poor leadership who believes yelling and humiliation is the way to go. But, they pay very well.

Starbucks is the exact opposite. Very relaxed and perhaps too lenient work environment (nap rooms) where productivity suffers too much from asking everyone their opinion on everything.

I honestly feel with more and more millenials entering the workforce we're a lot closer to Starbucks than we are Amazon. We're seeing companies like Netflix and others increasing maternity/paternity benefits, lots of companies are offering more remote opportunities and more flexible work schedules. Americans work like crazy and yet we're usually ranked as average to below average in productivity. We can only benefit from the mindset of work to live not live to work, IMO. Let's hope that the Silicon Valley "cuddle a teddy bear in the corner" example continues to grow throughout all segments. I have a feeling in the next 10-15 years we'll see that happen.

People have gotten used to the idea that employees should be treated like cattle. It's the American way.

The reality is that we get 8,760 hours per year and anywhere from 25% to 40% of those hours are spent at work. Then you've got people from the current generation working until they're 60-70. Are we really thinking the right way if we expect people to tolerate constant pressure and back-biting bullshit for 25-40% of the time, when most of them probably aren't even that satisfied in their home lives?

Fuck that. Amazon can suck a dick. I hope this causes them to rethink shit treatment of employees and puts other companies with notoriously toxic workplace environments on notice.

Asking not to be treated like shit isn't the same thing as asking for participation trophies or coddling either. It's just asking not to be treated like shit.

People have gotten used to the idea that employees should be treated like cattle. It's the American way.

The reality is that we get 8,760 hours per year and anywhere from 25% to 40% of those hours are spent at work. Then you've got people from the current generation working until they're 60-70. Are we really thinking the right way if we expect people to tolerate constant pressure and back-biting bullshit for 25-40% of the time, when most of them probably aren't even that satisfied in their home lives?

Fuck that. Amazon can suck a dick. I hope this causes them to rethink shit treatment of employees and puts other companies with notoriously toxic workplace environments on notice.

Asking not to be treated like shit isn't the same thing as asking for participation trophies or coddling either. It's just asking not to be treated like shit.

You are not only a pussy, you are an idiot. What do you mean "fuck that?". If the employees want to "fuck that" they can quit. They aren't. They are the sum of their actions. Don't project your ideals and spectrum of work/life balance onto the thousands of employees of Amazon. In that same article, there were people who left who went back, who said they were forever changed for the better, and people who missed the intensity and being driven to fulfill their potential.

Yeah this is going to cause them to rethink how they are doing things. They are the largest retailer in the US, surpassing Walmart, but yeah, some Times article and 2 dozen Prime membership cancellations on Twitter (half of which prob won't cancel) are going to cause them to rethink what is working to perfection. LOLOLOLOL.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."