• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Nets are about to have a really long decade...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

shukle

Situational Stopper
Reaction score
The New Jersey Nets look like they are going to lose Deron Williams. His play is reflecting his lack of interest right now. He just doesn't have any confidence in his team, and I understand him. He might be stuck with the worst team in the NBA right now (with Lopez out, if he is in, that's a different story, but he wont solve much anyways).

I really doubt Howard is going to join them. They have both expressed desire to play for the Mavs and it's prolly what's going to happen come next summer.

It will leave them with Lopez and only brooks and humphries as capable players (brooks isnt even proven at this point, but i have a feeling this kid is special). They have no more picks, thanks to the Dwill trade...
They are going to stink real bad for a long time!

1) the mavs need a lot of luck on their side if they want to get both
2) yes, the nets have picks? they have their own this year plus houston's if they make the playoffs
3) d-will won't really have a choice but to stay if the magic trade howard to la which is very realistic. nets will be still be at least a decent option for him anyway (could be better depending on where they pick)

The Net's could be screwed, but everything would have to go absolutely perfectly wrong for them to be the kind of screwed you're talking about.

Won't Dallas have a lot of cap to play with?

The Brooklyn Nets will have a lot of cap space though... at the very least I could see them building a low or middle seed playoff team through free agency.

Anyone know what exactly is going on with the potential tampering charges from that meeting with Dwight?

Fuck their problems, Im worried about our own. Nobody felt sorry for us. I hope Deron leaves, actually I read a report on how Dwight wants to stay with Orlando, and they want to go hard after Deron. Orlando doesn't really have anyone to give thats intriguing enough.

Local 6 Sports Director David Pingalore has learned that Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard may be rethinking his trade request.

Multiple NBA sources confirmed to Pingalore that Howard has been heavily recruiting New Jersey Nets point guard Deron Williams to play with him in Orlando.

Pingalore has also learned the Magic are trying to trade for Williams.

Once Prokorov becomes president of Russia, you'll see a lot of calls/things go their way.

I was just saying this the other day. If Howard doesn't go to the Nets, no chance Williams stays. I don't remember how many picks they gave up for Williams, but I am assuming they gave up another 1st. Yea.... I think they are screwed.

Anyone know what exactly is going on with the potential tampering charges from that meeting with Dwight?

There will be none, Orlando dropped it to make trading negotiations easier.

Maybe when they move to Brooklyn they'll have an influx of free agents who are actually from that area and want to go home.

The all Brooklyn current NBA team..

Coach: Larry Brown

Players (based on birth city): Carmelo Anthony, Jamal Tinsley, Taj Gibson, Stephon Marbury, Lance Stephenson, Sebastian Telfair, Lamar Odom.

Wow that team sucks..

Better invite guys from the surrounding area in NY.. (hands off NJ...Kyrie)

Rafer Alston, Metta World Peace, Etan Thomas, Mike James, Brendan Haywood, Royal Ivey, Charlie V, Channing Frye, Renaldo Balkman, H. Armstrong, Joakim Noah, Roy Hibbert, Danny Green, Devin Ebanks, Sundiata Gaines, Kemba Walker, Jimmer Fredette.

Not sure if anybody from the draft is coming out of the area..

Any of these guys likely to want to come "home"?

Side note: Basketball Mecca my ass

If Deron Williams don't sign with the Nets, I can see him being kidnapped and shipped to a gulag.

I bet the Nets get the first overall pick, and then Trade Davis for Dwight.

What sucks for them is if they don't get in the top 3, their pick goes to Portland anyway. :chuckles:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."