• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

New sports team in Cleveland

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Simon

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score

• Sixteen teams to begin competing in the summer of 2016, with a strong preference for players who have competed in the NBA during the last three years. According to George, the New York team is already fully formed and includes former NBA players Al Harrington, Rasheed Wallace and Maurice Ager. Teams in Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, Miami, Orlando, Atlanta and Cleveland are up next, with the goal to employ approximately 250 players in all (170 on teams, others as player-coaches or in other roles). Each team would have two former NBA All-stars on the roster and a Hall of Famer in the front office. George said that 60 players have committed to this point, with many more “in the pipeline” while the subsequent teams are rolled out.

"During the nbas downtime"

What is that, like 3 months?

TBF most of these guys are beyond their prime. They can probably only play 2 games a week for a 20 game season. :chuckle:

"I can't wait for this new league! I'm taking my talents from LA fitness back to the real hardwood lol"

That tells you the talent level....
That tells you why you shouldnt watch...
That tells you why this league will fail....

No one will ever be considered an alternative/compliment to the NBA unless they are able to draw away serious talent. Period.

I don't hate the idea. It attends to income opportunities for NBA alumni & increases the media platform of the league as a whole.

It will last one "season" tops.

Shawn Kemp MUST be on the Cleveland team.

Lord knows he could use the income to help cover some of those children.

The five year old me would cry of pure happiness.

Delonte West need a job?

Shawn Kemp ate the Cleveland team.

I don't hate the idea. It attends to income opportunities for NBA alumni & increases the media platform of the league as a whole.
neither of which will happen when hardly anyone shows up. does anyone really care about al harrington in 2016? rasheed wallace? how many people have even heard of keyon dooling?

there really isn't any reason to pay attention to nba'ers once they've retired unless they were a genuine superstar. would people pay to see kobe bryant's corpse in some alumni game? probably. but again, rasheed wallace? lol.

edit: and even for the whole "family friendly" angle, are there not a million better options than paying $25/ticket to take your kid to this? especially because the teams will all be located in major cities.

players doing charity events during the off-season is cool, and they usually attract a diverse group of marquee names, quality players, retired guys from the area, and so on. those are already relatively common actually. i just don't see why anyone would be interested in an actual organized league with far less talent.

Last edited:
Three words.

Daniel. Boobie. Gibson.

'Nuff said.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."