1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.
  3. Please select the "Splash-Mobile" style if ads are breaking your tablet/phone's browser.

Nike NFL Replica Pricing released

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jerzy234, Jan 10, 2012.

1. jerzy234

jerzy234 Kenny Power's Manager

http://www.fdlreporter.com/article/...-switch-may-make-Packers-favorites-tough-find

I think the big addition to NFL uniforms next year will be flywire which is used to improve breathing from the skin and the jersey. I doubt we see too many changes since the NFL likes to stay conservative. Most likely a change in piping and material used will be the noticeable difference. Two teams that have been linked to getting new uni's for next season are the Seattle Seahawks and Carolina Panthers.

Update 1/23:
    From http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/85018-nike-nfl-predictions-of-change-or-no-change/page__st__240

Most teams have already hinted at this response for next years new jerseys. Jacksonville's equipment manager has indicated the Jaguars will get new uni's in 2013. I would expect more changes to break out then.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Binkster

Binkster NBA Starter

Those prices are ridiculous.

That said... I'm aware that Adidas makes the uniforms in the NBA, but ultimately don't design any real aspect of the uniform besides, in some cases, the types of mesh used and such.

How big of an impact will Nike have on the design of the uniforms. Or how "snazzy" can they make it? Is it just the materials used as you mentioned?

3. jerzy234

The individual teams will have the final say in what the uniforms will look like, but Nike has been working with each team on different designs. Unlike the NCAA, the NFL has a strict uniform guideline and that is why I think there will be more tweaks than major changes. Carolina and Seattle were thinking about getting new designs the past few years and decided to wait til the new supplier contract kicked in.

I don't think it is just the materials that is increasing the cost, however, Reebok has cited this as the reason they have increased prices over the past few years. In addition, I would believe Nike is passing some of the licensing cost to the consumer as a way to get closer to the break even point.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jerzy234

Source http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/24/if-buying-nfl-jerseys-before-april-buyer-beware/

5. Huber.

Huber. Adrninistrator

At least people in Cleveland don't have to worry about buying jerseys anymore. Look for the sales of the fake Chinese jerseys to go up.

6. jerzy234

Nike and New Era will be previewing some of their products at the Pro Bowl this weekend.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Huber,

The problem with Reebok was inconsistency with their cuts and the product had a increased price tag with little improvements during the past few years. I think if the quality is vastly improved, as stated by retailers who have seen the product, you wont see a huge change in rise or drop with counterfeits purchases.

New Nike Gloves:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Huber.

Huber. Adrninistrator

Still, If I buy ever jersey again it will be the $40 stitched Chinese jersey over the $100 replica.

8. jerzy234

All Gloves. Two teams that got logo tweaks are Carolina Panthers Seattle Seahawks. Carolina has tweaks with the whiskers, mouth area and neck area. Seattle changed the lower stripe from navy blue to silver. No graphic change with Seattle.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. DonGilbert

DonGilbert Guido

And of course we have the lamest looking ones...

• Like Like x 1
  10. cdt

cdt Oh My God! Staff Member

It's really hard to buy Browns gear, just nothing looks good.

11. jerzy234

I think if the Browns and Nike were able to use secondary logos then you could possibly see the dawg logo used. Personally I could see those sell like hotcakes in NEO if the elf was used. The Browns logo is bland, but since the team established the helmet as their primary logo that is what was put on the gloves. Also something minor I saw with the tweak of the Seahawks updated logo, the eye is more brighter neon green and the upper beak uses a thinner lining.

12. polska2211

polska2211 heady

i don't understand why the browns don't use the elf logo as their primary. its seriously so awesome, its my favorite browns logo by far.

• Like Like x 1
  13. DDJ7777

DDJ7777 Cleveland Sports Homer

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Forthewin

Forthewin Situational Stopper

I like the browns cleats/shoes whatever better than the gloves.

15. Apathy

Apathy shalom

I wish we had the helmet logo on our helmets. We'd be the most ironic team in all the land.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Triplethreat

Triplethreat Sixth Man

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dyxdd1TfOLg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'd be so pissed if the unis actually ended up looking like that. :chuckles:

17. jerzy234

Most uniforms will look very similar to what they looked like this year. What you will see is some minor changes with some of the piping patterns and even pattern in number and fonts. The Panthers and Seahawks have stated last year they are getting new uni's and with the tweaks in their logo indicate that is happening. Oh it was confirmed by Jaguars equipment manager that Jacksonville will get a new look in 2013.

18. bigjmac0815

bigjmac0815 Banned

If those were real, the Browns wouldnt have to change haha

19. jerzy234

New Era hats...

[​IMG]

IMO, better than what Reebok tried to do. Sometimes trying to be fancy and flashy isn't always the best route to take.

20. Backstage

Backstage A winning record? Pshaw!

The three that round out the bottom left corner would be so much better if you got rid of the logos.

• Like Like x 2